Thirty Years War

Started by Nosher, 06 October 2010, 04:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

Just out of interest and knowing zero, nay nowt about the TYW it seems a small range? Is that because the figures are quite generic for the period and can be bolstered by figs from the ECW range?

Has anyone done any TYW armies using Pendraken 10's - any advice appreciated ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Leon

Pretty much, yep.  The figures are generic and can be used for the various nations, and then they can be added to from the ECW range.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Blaker

I agree, just paint them up with ECW minis added and add your favorite national flag and you are good to go  :-bd

Heck, in 10s you can paint up a couple of national armies  :D

nikharwood

I've done this in reverse & included TYW figures in my ECW armies...if that makes sense  ;)

Blaker

Perfect sense from Nik a roo   :D

U Got Pix - of course you do  ;)

nikharwood

Blaker

Ah Ha, I knew you had them somewhere. . . they just look too cool.

Nik, the painting looks fairly generic and you just needed to add the flags to determine which side was which or are there marking on the figures I cannot see that tell whose side they are on.  Is that correct. If so, it seems that they would paint up even faster than your normal day and a half for two armies to be painted.

Keep up the great work Nik and keep rolling out those Batreps!

nikharwood

Yep - it's a good point Blake - these are fairly generically painted - similar palette used throughout both armies...If I hadn't actually glued the flags on, I could use them multi-purposely  :)