Principality of Reichenberg

Started by snake777, 04 November 2016, 10:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snake777

Hallo All,

A couple more bitz for your delectation...

The first members of the Gens d'armes zu Pferd Cuirassiers.

& Fürst Joseph Wilhelm von Reichenberg and his staff who can be seen on my Flickr page, along with other bits and pieces here...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21992811@N05/with/30780725285/

Enjoy!  :)

Best wishes,

Stu

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The Japanese stuff is amazing too!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

Very, very nice, Stu. :-bd

Cheers - Phil

snake777

Quote from: mad lemmey on 04 November 2016, 10:36:22 PM
Very nice work

Thank you ML... :-)

Quote from: Womble67 on 04 November 2016, 11:50:10 PM
Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy

Many thanks Andy :-)

Quote from: paulr on 05 November 2016, 03:39:17 AM
:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Japanese  :-bd =D> :-bd =D> :-bd
What scale is it?

Thanks paulr, it is for my 20mm scale samurai, all scratch-built from paper and card with photo-textures... I must get back to those at some point :-)

Quote from: FierceKitty on 05 November 2016, 04:14:18 AM
Very true.

Thank you FK :-)

Quote from: Techno on 05 November 2016, 05:05:12 AM
Very, very nice, Stu. :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Thank you Phil... :-D

Westmarcher

Nice work, S. Good detail, too.  :)

Reichenberg? Although I understand there was a battle there during the SYW, presumably this is an Imagi-Nation?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

FierceKitty

There seem to have been a lot more battles in the SYW than the dozen or so that get selected for attention all the time. I've just finished Duffy's By Force of Arms; full of smallish scraps which could still make jolly good games, or even mini-campaigns. Frankly, I'm going to have to go back and read many of them again with more careful attention to the maps.

snake777

Quote from: Steve J on 05 November 2016, 12:27:38 PM
Lovely work 8)

Thank you Steve :-)

Quote from: Westmarcher on 05 November 2016, 01:49:30 PM
Nice work, S. Good detail, too.  :)

Reichenberg? Although I understand there was a battle there during the SYW, presumably this is an Imagi-Nation?

Thanks Westmarcher :-) Yep, it's my Imagi-nation, tho' I named it before I'd heard of the battle... :-D

Quote from: FierceKitty on 05 November 2016, 02:04:26 PM
There seem to have been a lot more battles in the SYW than the dozen or so that get selected for attention all the time. I've just finished Duffy's By Force of Arms; full of smallish scraps which could still make jolly good games, or even mini-campaigns. Frankly, I'm going to have to go back and read many of them again with more careful attention to the maps.

It would be interesting it explore the smaller combats and engagements of the SYW as well as the WAS... loads of tactical possibilities! :-)

FierceKitty

And by no means every one went Prussia's way. Leuthen and Hohenfriedberg (ok, and Rossbach) don't really show what the Austrians were capable of. When they stopped waiting to be out-marched, they became pretty well a match for Fritz.

Leman

Very nice. A good period for getting lots of useful cavalry on the table.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

After reading Duffy's book, I feel more confident about letting Austrian horse carry a big punch, although the leadership let them down too often. With a Seydlitz at their head, they might have brought off some really decisive actions before the depressing later "last man standing" stages of the war.