Hello From Middle Tennessee

Started by Terry37, 02 November 2016, 11:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

Howdy y'all, I am a new member of this forum which I have joined because I love some of Leon's figures and models so much. I am primarily a 15 MM HotT gamer, but also enjoy DBA-HX, DBN and DBA when need be.

However, even though I game with 15 MM figures as the basic scale size, being a HotT player I have used everything from 2 MM to 54 MM figures to meet the need of the army I am building. I have Pendraken figures in my Narnian Queen Jadis army, in my Glinda, the Good Witch of Oz army from The Wizard of Oz, and most recently with my growing interest in Weird World War, I am using Pendraken for all of my armor and walker models.

Re the Weird World War choice I have gone with 10 MM because they allow so many options and still fit on the standard base size, which I always strive to do, even though HotT does allow a deeper base if needed and because I really love working with and painting up the Pendraken models. I am just finishing up a Red Skull army to oppose my Hollywood US army and will shortly share some pictures of the Panther Lehr element for it.

More to follow,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

FierceKitty

Are good and bad witches both made out of wood?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Hi Terry, welcome to the forum!

Interesting sounding set of armies, looking forward to seeing pictures.

Posting pictures here can be an exercise in frustration so feel free to ask for help if you need it.

Talking of weird, I'm sure other forum denizens will be along shortly :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Ithoriel on 03 November 2016, 12:09:49 AM

Talking of weird, I'm sure other forum denizens will be along shortly :)

Who said I'm weird?

I'm just cuddly.

My Ego forbids a signature.

d_Guy

As a perfectly normal denizen let me say welcome to the forum Terry.
Wanted to get this in before fsn showed up with his weriding module.
Be cautious of Fierce Kitty, who weaves phonetic spells and lives in the shadowlands on the far side of the earth, his name explains all to the adept.  :D
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Techno

A very warm welcome to the madhouse forum, Terry.  :-h

Cheers - Phil

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

FierceKitty

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

They sound some very cool and unusual armies, it will be good to see photos of them.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

FierceKitty

Quote from: fred. on 03 November 2016, 07:38:40 AM
very cool and unusual armies

Waffen Yetis? Battle penguins? Ice golems? Kamikaze skiers?

fsn

Hello, Mr 73.

Sorry, I am assuming you ar a "Mr", but recognise that "Terry" is also used by some of the more adventurous ladies, so I apologise if I've used the wrong salutation.
Quote from: Terry37 on 02 November 2016, 11:18:15 PM
I am ... a 15 MM HotT gamer

So you're small, but beautifully put together?

I didn't understand any of your post after the first sentence. My fault. You speak a language I don't really understand - American - and use acronyms that to me have subtly different meaning. I used to work in a munitions stationery factory and the acronyms meants something slightly different. DBN meant "Double Bend North" i.e. the item was to be folded twice on the northern (longest axis). Typically this is seen in official letters where the address is to be displayed in a C5 windowed envelope. DBA was slightly confusingly "Don't Bend Anytime"and was used to indicate that the item was not to be bent at all. An example would be a certificate or something that was perhaps to be displayed in a frame. "DBA-HX" was a special category of "Don't Bend Anytime - High eXplosive". This was for a few items which were to be sent to enemies of the system, suspected waiverers to the cause and boy bands. These items were impregnated with a highly combustable compund which when compressed by folding or scruching would immediately explode, rendering the folder (or scruncher) slightly the worse for wear.  There were of course, grades of DBA-HX. The DBA-HX 1.0 would definitely kill, but for warnings there was DBA-HX 3.0 - 3.5 which simply coloured the recipient increasngly strong shades of orange.  This meant that those who had been warned could immediately be spotted by true servants of the state. My last job at the factory was to send 14 letters of DBA HX 3.5 to a Mr D Trump.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

SV52

Greetings from a fellow HOTTer, mainly in 28mm but like yourself figures used anything from 10mm to 54mm for effect depending on the army.  Looking forward to the pics.  May the dice be with you.
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!