Warfare - Sat 19th/Sun 20th November

Started by Leon, 01 November 2016, 06:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gennorm

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

16-9 followed by 6-19, but two cracking games.
Must remember to do the shopping tomorrow!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Very enjoyable day at Warfare yesterday. Met up with my bro and nephew, who were doing a competition involving their two dragons and some goblins. Mooched around the stalls and picked up some things I hadn't intended to. Then played BBB Loigny-Poupry with Chris in the afternoon. I looked after half the French, who gradually faded away to Prussian/Bavarian firepower (particularly the artillery) whilst suffering from being, in most cases, poor, fragile and armed with early rather than late breechloaders. Despite this the gallant French cavalry saw off and dispersed the German cavalry. At one point it did look as though the French might grab at least two of the three objective villages, but it was not to be. Towards the end of the battle I had to do a quick dash around the stalls picking up pre-orders before folk left. Rounded off the day with a meal in a Cuban restaurant in Reading with bro and nephew, before meeting up with the other Liverpool lads in a Caversham pub. Have just now got in.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Drat, must have walked past you, four times!

Played two games of FogR. Saw Merion, saw Her Ladyship, Leon and Dave.
List two games of FogR too!

Leman

Well I hope you liked my stunningly stylish Rules for the Common Man T-shirt.

Fenton

Did any of you attendees get a look at the Swordpoint rules by Gripping Beast?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leman

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 19 November 2016, 08:44:49 PM
16-9 followed by 6-19, but two cracking games.

So, was it glory or mid-table obscurity or in the end?

Denham's Last stand?!

The heroic Munchkins of Kilminstershire face off against the Mahdist might: dwarfed not only in numbers, but in absolute scale as well...

Here we see Field Marshal the Baron 'Mad' Lemmey of Kilminster surveying his forces whilst feeling an strange presence of his shoulder: could this be the God the Mahdists so readily call on in battle?

Keep a round in the chamber for the milkmaid, her ladyship can take care of herself!

Finally, time for the question we all need answers to: did Flossy the sheep keep her honour intact?

Great to see you again Will, even if we didn't get time for that coffee/coke we owe each other  ;)

Maybe next year, cheers!

Meirion

O Dinas Powys

A couple of photos from the participation corner of the hall.

Minion Racing game (presented by the RAF Wargaming Association in memory of Pete Gill) - essentially a simplified Formula De with Fart Guns and Freeze Rays!

Dr Who participation game: four teams racing to get to the heart of the ship rescue the Doctor from Davros and his Dalek hordes...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

It was a massive last stand, I went down 23-2! Great game and great to see you again sir!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 15 December 2016, 12:42:35 PM
It was a massive last stand, I went down 23-2! Great game and great to see you again sir!

Ouch!  :'(

...and Flossy?  Is there any hope?! X_X

Duke Speedy of Leighton

She is still in the hands of the Mad Madist, revenge will be sought!  ;)

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: mad lemmey on 15 December 2016, 02:16:58 PM
She is still in the hands of the Mad Madist, revenge will be sought!  ;)

Alas! Poor Flossy, I knew her... 8->

What?!  :-/

Why has it gone all silent and why is everyone staring?!