Civillian cars in post war urban games

Started by Sunray, 30 October 2016, 11:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

The Drop Zone city terrain has led me to play a lot of enjoyable urban style games.  The n gauge cars are just too small. TT scale a shade too big.

Pithead cars are 1940s but bang on.  Then I found a French company Rallyman who churn out rally and sports cats 1970/80s in 1/144 for 4 Euro each.  High end items with the weak Pound, but very useful kit.

Now, a common use for cars and busses were to use them as improvised road blocks/barricades - any chance of a few vehicles and barricades in resin ?

Meantime, I am planning a Christmas family role play war game based on.....The Day of the Jackel .  and  a fictional Paris mutiny by the 1st REP.   I must start scouring the Pendraken French ranges for Police and Gendarme types.

I need a paper card Arc de Triomphe in 1/160 - a few about

A few trench coated 1960s era civvis with guns......   

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Sunray

Quote from: Fenton on 30 October 2016, 11:40:24 AM
You could try these guys

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/junkyardminiaturesofficial

More specifically. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11x-10mm-N-Scale-Ruined-Vehicles-for-Dropzone-Commander-Flames-of-War-wargames-/201694931700?hash=item2ef5f46af4:g:D8IAAOSwMgdX0W7B

Thanks mate - already looked at them - he buys n gauge modern cars £3.23 , trashes them with heat and a paint job and marks them up to £15 to £25 - nice margins !!
If you want trashed modern or future I will do you a trashed paint job for SCAT (should cost around a tenner) as the REME wizards used to quote you - which is how the GPMG twin mounting on the APCs got their name ....
Anyway ..they are 21st century generic aerodynamic bananas.  About out of place on a 1960s era wargame as a brewed up Centurion tank would be at Dunkirk 1940.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Keep looking in poundland - they occasionally have packs of modern cars about the right size.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Sunray

Quote from: ianrs54 on 31 October 2016, 07:08:03 AM
Keep looking in poundland - they occasionally have packs of modern cars about the right size.

IanS

Thanks Ian, I saw the post on the Grinning Scull were the Si Fi fraternity have been using Poundland ripoffs of Micromachine type vehicles.  I have a barricade made from them and painted up.  Again quite modern in shape.  But the Poundland suppliers have few scruples-  they plagiarise any small scale model that can be mass produced as cheap toys.  At point 1960s era vehicles will appear.   Its also worth keeping an eye on Asda when trainsets and 'diecast' aircraft close to n gauge come and go.

fsn

Can we have some Chinese Segway security police?

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Subedai

Quote from: ianrs54 on 31 October 2016, 07:08:03 AM

IanS

Seconded, I got a packet of 10 quite usable -after a repaint- from there just the other day.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!