Total Battle Miniatures - Village Base Painting Advice

Started by Rob, 30 October 2016, 12:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

I bought a lovely Total Battle Miniatures village including rubber/latex base from Pendraken.

The base worries me, will it accept acrylic paint or will I need to use something else? Should I position the base on something stiff to stop it bending? Is it likely to shed any paint I use with use?

Any advice you have gratefully received please.  :)

Cheers, Rob  :) :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Acrylics are fine, but wash them first, and undercoat with a paint/pva mixture
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

When I got mine, a few years ago, I asked TBM about painting the base, and this is the reply I got
"The flexible resin doesn't require any undercoating. The key to getting the best results is to have as thin a coat as possible to allow for the maximum flexibility."

And I think that is what I did with normal Vallejo model paints for the details, and probably cheap acrylic paint for the larger areas. And the paint has stayed on very well over the intervening few years.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leman

I bought flexible rubber roads from Old Glory a good 25 years ago. I did a mixture of acrylic wash and dry brushing on them and have never had to repaint.

Taken about 6 months ago.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Rob

Thanks very much for the advice chaps. I know what approach to take now  :) :)

Cheers, Rob  :) :)