October 2016 Newsletter!

Started by Leon, 26 October 2016, 11:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

26 October 2016, 11:45:26 PM Last Edit: 05 December 2016, 10:31:02 PM by Leon

Welcome to the Pendraken Miniatures newsletter!

Welcome to the October edition of the Pendraken newsletter!  With the second half of the show season underway and Christmas right around the corner, there are busy times ahead!

New Website Coming!

The problems we've had with the website this year have been discussed previously, so combined with it being almost 7 years old now, we thought it was about time for us to give it a bit of a revamp.  The new site will have a load of new features, but we'll keep those to ourselves for now!  Here's a sneak preview though, just to whet the appetite...

We're still finalising some of the layout details, but that gives an idea of how it will look.  We're hoping to have it finished and online within the next month or so.

Latest Releases!

There aren't any new releases this month, but there are a variety of items stacking up ready to be added to the website.  These include:

- New Warband Dark Elves
- New Warband Dragonmen
- The ACW/Plains War stage coach
- New Nap French artillery and cavalry
- WWI narrow gauge railway
- More new scenic items

We'll get these done and onto the website as soon as we can, but with the shows and the upcoming new website, there's not a lot of spare time at the moment!

In The Pipeline!

We've only had one batch of sculpts through this month, with the penultimate set of WWI figures through from the designer.  These cover the Middle East theatre, with both new additions and a couple of revamps as well.

Elsewhere, there's a been a lot of discussion about the Korean War over recent months, so we've been working with forum member Sunray to put together a master sculpting list for everyone to look at.  So if you've ever considered this interesting conflict, head over to the Korean War thread on the forum and add your input!

Blitzkrieg Commander!

Sadly, we don't have great news for BKC fans this month.  The last 2 months have been a blur of shows, illnesses, weddings, birthdays and honeymoons, so very little progress has been made on the rules.  The next 5 weeks see us away at 3 shows, including our own Battleground event which means extra time in organisation, then we'll be hitting the Christmas orders.

On top of that, with all the website issues and impending new site, there'll be a lot of back and forth with the new web designer getting it how we want it, then a whole load of time getting the products and images onto it.

So, the bad news is that BKC won't be happening this year.  There's simply so much extra work required elsewhere at the moment that we wouldn't be able to get it finished off without sacrificing food and/or sleep and giving ourselves some kind of breakdown.  We know that people are waiting and waiting and waiting, and we're sorry for the delays, but things just aren't working in our favour these past few months.  

Once we hit Xmas, with the shows finished for the year and a sparkly new website online, we should have some breathing space to sit and spend a couple of weeks doing nothing but BKC and then we'll have a finalised draft to go out for feedback.

As always, we'll keep people updated in the BKC section.

Shows!

We're away this coming weekend at the Fiasco show in Leeds, and then we hit our final few shows for 2016.  We'll be at Warfare in Reading on the 19th/20th November, then we'll be finishing the year at our own Battleground show on November 26th.  If you'd like anything bringing along to either of those, make sure to let us know at least 7 days in advance.

And even though we're not attending Crisis ourselves, we are still able to arrange pre-orders for collection on the day.  Ian at Eagle Figures has kindly agreed to take any orders to the event for us, so if you'd like anything bringing along, let us know before Sunday 30th October and we'll get them ready for you to collect from the Eagle Figures stand at Crisis.

A quick note on the above though, payment will need to be made to us in advance of the event, so that Ian's not having to deal with separate payments for us on the day.

Website Photos!

Hopefully a lot of you have noticed already, but we've added photographs of all our recent Napoleonic ranges, including:

- 1809 French
- 1809 Austrian
- 1809 Bavarian
- 1812-15 British
- Nassau

We'd like to thank kev1964 for his outstanding work on these, and we'll be sending him all of the SYW ranges next, so keep an eye out for those!

We've also set up a new board for all of our catalogue photos, handily titled Pendraken Website Photos!

Minibits Corner!

For anyone who regularly buys from eBay, we've opened a new eBay Store for a selection of our Minibits products.  This includes the decals, dice frames and Militia Miniatures ranges.  As these are generally smaller items, we're able to offer slightly lower postage rates here, however some of the prices are slightly higher to take account of the additional eBay fees.

Christmas Order Deadlines!

Like us, you've probably noticed that the supermarkets have started getting their Christmas stock out, so it's time for us to have a look at the ordering deadlines for any Christmas orders.  If there's anything you'd like ready and delivered in time for the big day, have a wander over and check out the ordering deadlines.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

Oh blimey! that's going to put my SYW stuff to shame; or else supply some brilliant inspiration for those still awaiting paint.

Everything is sounding very promising for the future, so wishing you all success with that, especially the BKC rules family.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Westmarcher

Quote from: Leman on 27 October 2016, 08:19:31 AM
Oh blimey! that's going to put my SYW stuff to shame;

Dammit! Me too!

Now, what's for the best? Do I learn how to post pics before key's hit the scene or should I refuse, on principle, to look at the SYW lists when Kev's pics are posted on the website .... but that would mean I would have to memorise every SYW code ....  :-\    I know, its crazy .... but that might just work ...
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

slugbalancer

I received three copies of the newsletter via email, one up from last time.  Is there three of me?

fsn

That's too philosophical for me.

Quote from: Leon on 26 October 2016, 11:45:26 PM
New Website Coming!
Will we still be able to get warm jumpers and ladies shoes on the new website?  >:(

Can you tell us more about the WWI Narrow Guage Railway?

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Hi, how come the other Slugbalancer got my email? Is nothing sacred? (Gnaws lettuce in frustration)

slugbalancer

Leman, I can send one of the extra copies onto you.  I'll just need to get it out of the dustbin and hose it down.

Leon

Quote from: slugbalancer on 27 October 2016, 10:30:19 AM
I received three copies of the newsletter via email, one up from last time.  Is there three of me?

There's a weird glitch in the forum software that duplicates some of the email addresses unfortunately, we get three ourselves as well.  I'm hoping we can get that sorted out once the new website is done.

Quote from: fsn on 27 October 2016, 12:40:11 PM
Can you tell us more about the WWI Narrow Guage Railway?

It was something Dave fancied, so we've got several modular sections of railway, done in resin.  Then some bogeys and carriages to go on it.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

Quote from: Leon on 27 October 2016, 04:14:39 PM
It was something Dave fancied, so we've got several modular sections of railway, done in resin.  Then some bogeys and carriages to go on it.

Ooooh! That will be something to look forward to.

I know I don't have any WWI stuff, but I'm sure I'll find a use for a train!

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Come down to Leighton Buzzard, the light railway here runs 1:1 scale WWI engines!!!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Nosher

Good to see the new Warband items about to arrive.

Need some more warband armies for my campaign which is still in winter recess from last winter :-[ And I can sneak 10mm Loveliness into the house far easier than 28mm Loveliness :d
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

fsn

You know what Warband needs?  - Amazons.  :D

Leman

As it happens the Belgians had some little rudimentary armoured trains right at the start of the war.

Nick the Lemming

Quote from: fsn on 27 October 2016, 07:44:47 PM
You know what Warband needs? 

Spanish sword and buckler men for very early 16th C?
Mounted crossbowmen for Italian Wars?
Some new lansknechts poses?

FierceKitty

Large numbers of Mexicans!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.