Christmas Order Deadlines

Started by Leon, 26 October 2016, 10:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

26 October 2016, 10:58:05 PM Last Edit: 08 December 2016, 07:02:56 PM by Leon
Christmas is only 8 weeks away, so it's time to make sure you get your Xmas orders sent to us in time!  We'll get them all cast, packaged and shipped out in time for the big day!

So, if anyone is wanting any 10mm goodness to be waiting in their stockings this year, you will need to get your orders into us before:

Pendraken
Ordering Deadline
UK
Fri 9th Dec
Europe
Wed 7th Dec
USA/Canada
Mon 5th Dec
Rest of the World
Thurs 1st Dec

Don't forget, if you don't get your order in before these dates, then we cannot guarantee that it will be there in time for Christmas morning, so get them in as soon as possible!

8)

And just for info, if you're sending any packages yourself, these are the Royal Mail's official posting deadlines, NOT to be confused with our own deadlines above!   #-o

Royal Mail
Posting Deadline

UK 1st class
Wed 21st Dec

Western Europe
Fri 16th Dec

Eastern Europe
Wed 7th Dec

USA & Canada
Thurs 15th Dec

Rest of the World
Sat 10th Dec

More info on the Royal Mail website here: http://www.royalmail.com/greetings

:-bd
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fsn

27 October 2016, 08:15:46 AM #1 Last Edit: 27 October 2016, 08:41:35 AM by fsn
I know it's a bit early, 59 days to go, but I do hope thatthe Pendraken crew have planned a reasonable break for themselves. A few days to relax, enjoy family and forget about the baying loons of the forum (and yes, I include myself at the forefornt of that statement).

All the little casting dwarves will be excited, barely able to get to sleep, for they know that Father Pendrakenmas will teleport from his other realm, bringing them a cup of water and some bread that isn't stale, and on Pendrakenmas they're actually allowed to run about without the hobbles, and the ones that have been really, really good get to peek out of the door of the Caverns of Pendraken at the desolation of Middle Borough, so their little hearts rise knowing there are life forms lower than they are.

The Dark Lord will transmogrify into Father Pendrakenmas and move amongst the casting dwarves, Milady beaming at his side, the traditional Pendrakenmas Rickshaw being pulled by Dave. Father Pendrakenmas and Milady will throw small sweets and ball bearings at the casting dwarves, and everyone will laugh when someone breaks a tooth.

Then there's the cards. Every dwarf get a card stating what their role will be for the next year. The happy ones get sculptor dwarf, and the post room is very popular, but for some unlucky little people, there's the furnace - some as stokers, some (who have been very naughty) as fuel.

In the evening, there's a slap up meal of roast badger, with hedgehog and earthworm trimings. (Well what did you expect underground dwellers to eat?) Then the Dark Lord pipes in Milady, and everyone gets a bit embarrassed*, and Dave brings in the Pendrakenmas Pudding. This year, it's Westmarcher.

Altogether, a happy, traditional day in the Pendraken Caverns. Dark Lord bless us, every one.

*The Dark Lord has many great qualities but musicality isn't one of them. He thinks Kanye West is music. He owns the entire discography of Little Mix. He has been trying to play the bagpipes for 342 years and still doesn't really know his chanter from his drone.  Why - what were you thinking?

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

BAHHH HUMBUGGG For the first time this year.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

Bah Humbugs may be purchased at the Little Dorritt Sweet Shop, Copper Nob Lane, Upper Crackfield.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Wulf

They put the street light decorations up in my village last night...   :o  :'(  =)

fsn

Really!  :o

Christmas should not begin until 1st December.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

NO - starts at 24.00 on 24/12, finishes @ 24.00 on 25 :'(/12, and I'm being generous.  :'( :'( :'(
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Wulf

To be completely fair to my local council, they put the lights up in October, but don't light them up until mid-November. They test them a couple of times between.

But, still... Christmas lights in October...

FierceKitty

I have tried - without success - to escape Christmas by spending it in India, Thailand, and Japan. No good. Maybe North Korea?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Christmas: Christmas Eve to Epiphany

If you must celebrate an imaginary event at least do it properly!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leman

Although I agree with Lemmy's October sentiments, I really think Ian should get into the spirit of the twelve days of Christmas. There's feck all daylight at that time of year to do much else other than party.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

Quote from: Leman on 27 October 2016, 02:13:45 PM
Although I agree with Lemmy's October sentiments, I really think Ian should get into the spirit of the twelve days of Christmas. There's feck all daylight at that time of year to do much else other than party.

All Hail, Sol Invictus! :)

Every civilised person knows the important date at that time of the year is New Year's Eve!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

Good to see you're all getting into the festive spirit!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

*engage sarcasm circuit*
<:-P
*disengaging sarcasm circuit*
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner