Master list for the new Korean War range - Input required!

Started by Leon, 25 October 2016, 09:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these ranges would you be most likely to buy first?

American - Early war kit
11 (20.4%)
American - Later war kit
18 (33.3%)
British - Tropical kit
7 (13%)
British - Commandos
11 (20.4%)
British - Later war kit
21 (38.9%)
North Korean
32 (59.3%)
South Korean
12 (22.2%)
Chinese - Summer kit
12 (22.2%)
Chinese - Winter kit
25 (46.3%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Mako

If pressed, I can make do with one with a helmet, but the cap-firing one doesn't work for my needs, or those of the US, Danish, and West German Cold War armies, amongst others.

Would love to see one converted to a guy with a helmet - I suspect that shouldn't be too hard for a sculptor to do, and, one firing it from a prone position, since the kneeling one is already done.

I'd like the prone firing fig the most, while wearing a helmet.

Sunray

Ok - Korean war fans - decision time

The Dark Lord has agreed to two officer figures for South Koreans

1.  Field Officer (Company CO type )  I had thought of a cool dude directing men, SMG/Carbine and Raybans   8) ?

2.  Senior officer Head Shed (HQ) type - would you want him in Eisenhower jacket with binos/map -  OR in M43 jacket and more combat orientated ?  :-

Vote now

Techno

Quote from: Sunray on 31 January 2017, 09:33:45 AM
Ok - Korean war fans - decision time
The Dark Lord has agreed to two officer figures for South Koreans
1.  Field Officer (Company CO type )  I had thought of a cool dude directing men, SMG/Carbine and Raybans   8) ?
2.  Senior officer Head Shed (HQ) type - would you want him in Eisenhower jacket with binos/map -  OR in M43 jacket and more combat orientated ?  :-
Vote now

On number 1, I vote for the cool dude with Raybans, with an SMG......'Cos I've nearly done him already.  :D......I've given him a helmet, rather than a soft cap.....Is that OK ?
Quick to change, if soft cap required.

Cheers - Phil.

fsn

1) Excellent. What kind of Raybans?  :P
2) I'd prefer a Ridgeway to a McArthur.

All praise the Dark One and his unimaginable greatness. 
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

OldenBUA

Both American generals in the Korean war. Very different styles.

Btw it's Ridgway and MacArthur. If you do an image search for these I'm sure you'll get the idea.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

To quote the late, great Kenny Everett "Round em up, put em in a field and bomb...."
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Sunray

Gentlemen ....the Americans will arrive later in the war (unless there is oil involved ). :ar!

This Head Shed is a South Korean figure - although to be sure - he can be interchanged with US commanders in WW2 and Korea.

I was keeping McArthur or Ridgeway for the US figures.

No, we have a chance for a useful command figure.  The sort you would assign to a BKZ/CWC battle group.   Fire up a few images of the very senior head shed figure you would like.....

fsn

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting a mini-Ridgeway. I was suggesting a warrior rather than a ... not warrior. 

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Sunray

No worries Nobby.  The range is yours ...fire up some senior officer images .  Watch and shoot ....watch and shoot.... ~X(

I once altered a Fig 11 to represent a very senior Rupert.  Boy the groups were tight at 300 meters.  Impressed by this improvement, I send a memo upwards that "Fig 11 targets should be designed to represent high ranking officers as it psychologically enhanced the desire of the Toms to punch 7.62mm holes in them "

Hear nothing. Perhaps I should have specified that the Head Shed targets should be foreign (hostile) types,.... :-w

fsn

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: Sunray on 31 January 2017, 07:08:30 PM
No worries Nobby.  The range is yours ...fire up some senior officer images .  Watch and shoot ....watch and shoot.... ~X(

I once altered a Fig 11 to represent a very senior Rupert.  Boy the groups were tight at 300 meters.  Impressed by this improvement, I send a memo upwards that "Fig 11 targets should be designed to represent high ranking officers as it psychologically enhanced the desire of the Toms to punch 7.62mm holes in them "

Hear nothing. Perhaps I should have specified that the Head Shed targets should be foreign (hostile) types,.... :-w

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Suddenly..... the lack of invitations to Head Shed Christmas parties became all too clear......

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sunray

Ok, I will give you a hard target -  Brigadier Paik Sun Yup.  The "Boy General" - Any and all images of him in uniform you can source.

I checked his CV and get the sense that he was the Stonewall Jackson of South Korea.   Methinks a heroic command pose - map stuffed under arm, binos raised , and pointing ?  What do you think Phil ?  :o

Q.  Why do Ghurkha officers survive longer in the front line ?

A. Cause the clever buggers don't attract attention by pointing.  :-

Matt J

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

fsn

Ill have a better look later, but apparently he didn't exist below waist level.