Napoleonic British Photos!

Started by Leon, 22 October 2016, 11:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

kev1964 has been painting all of our Napoleonic ranges for us recently, so here's the next batch.  Next to be sent over to Kev will be the new Prussians as well as some of our SYW ranges as well.

Kev's work has been seen on the Forum a few times, but head over to his Flickr page to see more: https://imageshack.us/user/kev1964

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

These look absolutely brilliant

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

Yes. Brilliant indeed ... and nuts (after all, its 10mm)! - especially the detail on these Highlanders!   :-bd =D>

The French are great too!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fred.

Very nice - really good painting, and great to have more photos of stuff on the website.

A couple of the photos look a bit dark - especially the limbers, compared with the artillery, might be worth double checking the settings on those.

And I'd like bigger versions too! The artillery the and officers look nice and big, where there are lots of troops in the photo each one does end up a bit small.

Not trying to make more work for you Leon,   ;)
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Steve J

Oh, I love the rocket, both deployed and in transit 8). I can see the Peninsular War beckoning...

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

FierceKitty

Quote from: Steve J on 23 October 2016, 08:59:03 AM
Oh, I love the rocket, both deployed and in transit 8). I can see the Peninsular War beckoning...

Great in a salad too.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Glorfindel

An example of 10mm at its best - magnificent figures, painting and basing.   
Inspirational stuff as always.

Phil

Zippee

Leon

Quote from: fred. on 23 October 2016, 08:49:06 AM
A couple of the photos look a bit dark - especially the limbers, compared with the artillery, might be worth double checking the settings on those.

I've lightened those ones, but I'm always wary of different monitor settings and going too light with them.  There's been a few that have looked fine on my laptop here but when I get to work they looked washed out.

Quote from: fred. on 23 October 2016, 08:49:06 AM
And I'd like bigger versions too! The artillery the and officers look nice and big, where there are lots of troops in the photo each one does end up a bit small.

We're limited by the website there unfortunately, the website only supports 400 pixel widths for the web photos, so everything gets formatted to that. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

thanks Leon - I tend to avoid photography on a white background because I find it so hard to get the colours/brightness right.

Shame that you are stuck with such small images on the webstore - it seems hard with multiple 10mm figures to get a photo that isn't just a long line. I keep trying different groupings but end up with very much letterbox style images most of the time.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts