1950's British Infantry with EM2 Bullpup rifle

Started by jeffb, 18 October 2016, 07:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffb

Hi,
If possible, i'd like to request British infantry with the EM2 Bullpup rifle. The EM2 came into service briefly in 1951. They could also be used for Weird WWII or other alt history situations.

Cheers

Jeff
Wigan turnin Blue-My arse!!!
The future is bright, the future is Cherry & White
ANCIENT & LOYAL 1872
Wigan RLFC not just a religion
RIP Marley, Bob, you'll always be my babies xxxxx

Sunray

Quote from: jeffb on 18 October 2016, 07:57:20 PM
Hi,
If possible, i'd like to request British infantry with the EM2 Bullpup rifle. The EM2 came into service briefly in 1951. They could also be used for Weird WWII or other alt history situations.

Cheers

Jeff

Jeff, first welcome to the forum. Interesting request.  I saw an EM 2 only once. In a display case at Warminster School of Infantry.  This is an occasion where one needs to be wary of Wikipedia.  The EM2 did not come briefly into service.  It was approved by the Men in Suits, but never saw issue,  never mind active service.  Always know  Wikipedia is dodgy when the statements lack citation or footnotes.

The British Army went from the Lee Enfield No4 to the SLR L1A1.  The few prototypes that remained were used as inspiration for the early 4.85 IW which had mutated into the SA80 when I got my oily paws on it.

This means that figures armed with the  EM2  are fictional.  What web would you dress them in? Would they stick with 37 or 44 ? What LMG or GPMG would be provided.  The hard truth is that these fictional figures would require the same design costs,  very demanding sculpts and dedicated  moulds as a popular range of figures which fly off the shelves.

Pendraken have the best 1960s-1980s era British 10mm on the market.  The 1945-60s gap will be soon filled by the Korean range. These figures will give late war Jerry a run for their money if you want to game Germany 1946.  BKC will work with a tweak.

If you really really want weird fictional British Infantry armed with the EM2, then try 1/72 plastic "A call to Arms" Figures Set 52.  They are around £6 on ebay.   Its a popular scale for plastic- but they simply failed to sell. 

Regards

James aka Sunray

jeffb

Hi Sunray,
As it happens, i've come across some 10/12mm modern British infantry with the SA80, with a paint job and if possible a head swap, might end up with suitable figures.

Cheers

Jeff
Wigan turnin Blue-My arse!!!
The future is bright, the future is Cherry & White
ANCIENT & LOYAL 1872
Wigan RLFC not just a religion
RIP Marley, Bob, you'll always be my babies xxxxx