Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
24 November 2020, 12:49:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Libertad!, our Spanish Civil War supplement is now available!
310586 Posts in 18051 Topics by 2269 Members
Latest Member: BKC Grenadier
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  Requests
| | |-+  Fantasy/Sci-Fi Requests
| | | |-+  'Vikings!'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Vikings!'  (Read 4020 times)
Heedless Horseman
Captain

« on: 13 March 2016, 03:04:45 AM »

Am enjoying 'Vikings!' on DVD. Might there be scope for lightly armed, bareheaded, (Mohiccans!) , warriors with small axe/sword/spear and shield? And Lagertha! lol!   Tongue   Grin
Ithoriel
Lieutenant General

« Reply #1 on: 13 March 2016, 01:01:27 PM »

Already been brief thoughts on that subject.

Skraelings - Vikings v Indians

I'm tempted to get a pack of the French Indian wars figures to see how hard it would be to replace guns with spears and bows.

So many potential projects, so little time! Smiley

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!
mad lemmey
Marquis

« Reply #2 on: 16 March 2016, 06:18:34 PM »

Something like this?
http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=resin-master-%252d-haleth~hfmaster-h116&category=fantasy-%26%0D%0Asteampunk~fantasy-humans

Off to the Shed of Decency.

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
Heedless Horseman
Captain

« Reply #3 on: 17 March 2016, 12:02:32 AM »

Well we can wish!   Tongue
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #4 on: 06 June 2016, 11:26:15 PM »

Votes added!

Cool

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 4000 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Raiden Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
toxicpixie
Major General

« Reply #5 on: 28 February 2017, 11:16:07 AM »

Sorry for the "threadomancer" here - but you can find Indians with spears and bows at Lancashire Games, mounted and dismounted. Would they be clothed appropriately for the period? I don't know, but I suspect a paint conversion and not looking too hard would do it if not Smiley

http://www.littlewarsminiatures.co.uk/

Until Leon & Co. do some with bows they might be a handy match!

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting
Raider4
Colonel

« Reply #6 on: 28 June 2017, 05:09:43 PM »

Am enjoying 'Vikings!' on DVD. Might there be scope for lightly armed, bareheaded, (Mohiccans!) , warriors with small axe/sword/spear and shield?

I'm just catching this, and agree we need some figs. It occurs to me that ARL16 (excellent figures, btw) covers the spear & shield. Would it be possible to take these as a starting point and produce variants with an axe or sword in place of the spear? Then just need a bow-armed figure as well to round out the range.

Cheers, Martyn
--
d_Guy
Major General

« Reply #7 on: 28 June 2017, 05:43:32 PM »

Just noticed this also. Recently Leon suggested to me AI11 as a possible proxy for indigenous warriors in King Phillip's War:

These coupled with some FIW figures should give me enough to work with. The figures have just arrived so will start experiments soon.

Apostrophes in thread title warning

Sleep with clean hands ...
Raider4
Colonel

« Reply #8 on: 28 June 2017, 08:17:26 PM »

Apostrophes in thread title warning

Yes. I've been trying to post my reply for about a week, and kept getting the 'database error' message. Eventually worked it out though.

Cheers, Martyn
--
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: