GAZ-67B

Started by Sunray, 18 October 2016, 02:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

We need this model if the rumours about Korea are correct.  If supplied with a tilt, it can also serve WW2.   

d_Guy

Looks suspiciously like a jeep.  :) ;)
Sleep with clean hands ...

Ithoriel

Quote from: d_Guy on 18 October 2016, 04:35:06 PM
Looks suspiciously like a jeep.  :) ;)

That might be because it's predecessor, the GAZ 64, was developed from the GAZ 61 as a joint venture by Ford and Gorkovsky Avtomobilny Zavod. :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

d_Guy

Those those bl**dy, reverse engineering commies!  :o :D
Sleep with clean hands ...

Sunray

Some early reports claimed the KPA had US jeeps supplied via Lead Lease to USSR.  But later G2 confirmed that these were probably seized from South Korean and the Soviets had indeed supplied new GAZ-67s.   

Sunray

Quote from: Sunray on 18 October 2016, 06:01:40 PM
Some early reports claimed the KPA had US jeeps supplied via Lead Lease to USSR.  But later G2 confirmed that these were probably seized from South Korean and the Soviets had indeed supplied new GAZ-67s.   

Pendraken G2 lousy.   GAZ 67 already exists as SV68!

Raider4

Quote from: d_Guy on 18 October 2016, 04:47:57 PM

Those those bl**dy, reverse engineering commies!  :o :D

It's the Rolls-Royce Nene engine all over again . . . .

Cheers, Martyn
--

Leon

What was the difference between the regular and the B version?  All I can find online is a slightly longer wheelbase and an upgraded engine, which if true, means there would be little noticeable difference in 10mm scale?

Quote from: Sunray on 18 October 2016, 02:09:13 PM
If supplied with a tilt, it can also serve WW2.   

It does indeed come with a tilt.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sunray

My GAZ 67s arrived today.   Neat little models.  Better cast than the Jeep with crewman.