Hello from the new forest

Started by RAwarrior, 06 October 2016, 02:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

Sleep with clean hands ...

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 06 October 2016, 05:34:41 PM
Pah!

They are to be lumped with Warband. They are as mass produced lager* is to proper beer! As that Bourne wretch with his addled brain is to James Bond!** They are as UEs are to Char B1's! 

Patience young padawan.........My missions with the Aztecs, and the armies of Warband will soon be done.......And then...... ;)

Cheers - Phil

Leman

Many decades ago, before the PR crew cottoned on, Bird's Eye had a delicious range of cod pieces. Blackadder would have been proud.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Moaning. I should point out that that is exactly what FSN (Nobby), and FK do about Centurions and Aztecs respectively.

NO MEZO_AMERICANS.

InaS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

As long as we get our meSo-Americans....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Subedai

Quote from: Leman on 06 October 2016, 09:27:57 PM
Well I love fizzy European piss, continental architecture, the greater sense of family on the mainland and the fact that someone had the foresight to build a tunnel there. Yes, I should have been born in France and christened Andre, mais, c'est la vie.

Not long come back from a long weekend in Flanders, went to Ypres and stayed near Wormhauldt -along the line of the 1940 Dunkirk retreat. The people were extremely pleasant and very accommodating when I tried to remember schoolboy French.  Love the local food, especially the chesses and wines -one we bought for 1.49 (Euro) would cost nearly £19 a bottle over here...couldn't get me hat on as they say. Came back with a much healthier outlook on food, general life and a boot full of wine.

Still don't like lager or Stella (an over-indulgence when I was younger has soured me ever since) but Leffe is rather flavoursome if a little potent.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

fsn

Quote from: Techno on 07 October 2016, 06:10:31 AM
Patience young padawan.........My missions with the Aztecs, and the armies of Warband will soon be done.......And then...... ;)
Yes? Yes?

I know. Indian Mutiny.  :(
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

Quote from: Leman on 06 October 2016, 09:27:57 PM
Well I love fizzy European piss, continental architecture, the greater sense of family on the mainland and the fact that someone had the foresight to build a tunnel there. Yes, I should have been born in France and christened Andre, mais, c'est la vie.

As I said some lagers - mainly the European ones are ok, some are very nice.  I like Amstel and while in Holland a couple of years ago with  other real ale drinkers of the Tring Club we had a pint  Heiniken that tasted completely different to the crap by that name  we get over here.

I confess to never ever - even in my youth getting so drunk I threw up. I now  imbibe on a fairly restrained basis, but Ale is my first choice over here. 

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Quote from: Orcs on 07 October 2016, 10:37:04 AM
I confess to never ever - even in my youth getting so drunk I threw up.

:o :o :o :o :o

Even I've done that......I was 'laid up' for two/three days.
(Came of barely drinking any alcohol, at all.....then downing a whole bottle of vodka in a couple of hours.....That's a particularly painful memory. :-& :-& :-& :-&)

Cheers - Phil

Leman

d_Guy

Quote from: Techno on 07 October 2016, 12:27:45 PM
....then downing a whole bottle of vodka in a couple of hours....

Sloe gin - vomiting in technicolor.

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 07 October 2016, 12:27:45 PM
:o :o :o :o :o

Even I've done that......I was 'laid up' for two/three days.

I started drinking in pubs at 15, by the time I got to 16 and working for a well known Telephone Company I could easily do the standard lunch of 4 pints in an hour. Consequently I used to have a high tolerance for alchohol.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leman

Quote from: FierceKitty on 07 October 2016, 09:23:21 AM
As long as we get our meSo-Americans....
Me so like Americans long time.

d_Guy