Hello from the new forest

Started by RAwarrior, 06 October 2016, 02:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Quote from: d_Guy on 06 October 2016, 04:18:34 PM
But not before the Aztecs surely! :)

Pah!

They are to be lumped with Warband. They are as mass produced lager* is to proper beer! As that Bourne wretch with his addled brain is to James Bond!** They are as UEs are to Char B1's!

* Most lagers are like making love in a boat. F***ing close to water.
**In books not films where poor Bond has been poorly serves these past 30 years.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Bourne over Bond any day. At least with lager you know what you're getting; some real ales can surprise you with their truly awfulness. All tanks are crap!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Orcs

Quote from: Leman on 06 October 2016, 06:35:19 PM
At least with lager you know what you're getting;

Yes with 90% of lagers you do......Fizzy P*ss water.

However you can get surprised occasionally , but I would rather take my chance with a real ale
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

paulr

Welcome, from one of the far flung corners of the forum :-h
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Aztec anti-armour platoon:

Our beer is designed for six-pack consumption.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Steve J

Welcome on board for a 2nd time as my 1st post didn't appear for some reason :-\

d_Guy

Quote from: Steve J on 06 October 2016, 08:42:04 PM
Welcome on board for a 2nd time as my 1st post didn't appear for some reason :-\

FSN firing RPG's again and not correcting for windage.

Leman

Hi, I'm a real man. You can tell this because I drink real ale, even though it tastes fouler than warthog piss. I grimace and bear it because I am a real man. I drink copious amounts of this vile concoction, and then become bad tempered and argumentative; but I am a real man, and despite it's disgusting flavour I continue to pour it down my gullet. Eventually, as it is so disgusting, I throw it all back up (along with the carrots I don't remember eating). But I'm a real man, so the next day I go back for even more, and brag to my mates how much of this vileness I can stomach. Eventually, over the years, I become fat, red-faced unwell and a bloody burden to the NHS, but I've proved I'm a real man.

d_Guy

;D DP, your post could be titled, "d_guy, the early years"

Subedai

Wotcha from me in Kent, and I actually like real ale but not the yellow fizzy European p*ss. I also like wine -all colours but prefer red, vodka -Polish preferably- and some Belgian beers. Can't stand the smell of, let alone the taste of gin, don't drink whisky or brandy after ridiculous youthful drinking frolics. In between drinking I do some painting, a little wargaming and a bit of writing.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leman

Well I love fizzy European piss, continental architecture, the greater sense of family on the mainland and the fact that someone had the foresight to build a tunnel there. Yes, I should have been born in France and christened Andre, mais, c'est la vie.

Ithoriel

How did we get from "Hello RAwarrior" to discussions on Aztecs and alcohol? Oh wait, this is the Pendraken forum .... what AM I thinking? :)

Well, we did say at the outset that as a lurker he would know what to expect.

Welcome to the PD forum in all it's glorious lunacy, RA :D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

DFlynSqrl

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.