Hello from the new forest

Started by RAwarrior, 06 October 2016, 02:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAwarrior

Hello there. I have returned to wargaming this year after 20 years away. I have been lurking on this forum for some time and thought it about time I said hello and thanks for the inspiration. I'm loving the pendraken vibe and been putting together some small 100year war armies for loin rampart in 10mm. As soon as I work out how I'll post some pic. Hope your well and wish u all the best

Regards rawarrior

Techno

A very warm welcome to the madhouse forum, R.A.

If you've been having a good 'lurk'....You should have a good idea of what you're letting yourself in for.
Enjoy !

(Look forward to some piccies.....We like photo's.)

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

Hi RAwarrior,

welcome to the forum, as a lurker you'll know what you are letting yourself in for!

Several of us are happy to talk people through the arcane process of posting pictures here. It's actually quite simple once you get your head around it ... honest :)

Cheers
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

d_Guy

Welcome to the forum RA, and back to wargaming (your absence must have caused the dimunition in the force that some of the Learned said they felt low these twenty years)

Let's see - the Old Forest is just east of Buckland, but the New Forest....?

Are you a Lancastrian or a sniveling traitor?
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Shedman

Quote from: RAwarrior on 06 October 2016, 02:48:51 PM
some small 100year war armies for loin rampart

Loin rampart  :o

Must be all the fresh air in the New Forest

Welcome to the forum

alan

fsn

Afternoon, Mr Warrior.

Yes, it's a bizarre mix in the Pendraken Forum - sort of a mix of Monty Python and Simon Schama.

Just one question - "small" armies? How small is small, and then "ha!"  :D

I have finished off my WWII French army every year for the past three years.

It is now a reinforced-reinforced-super company.  :D
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

RAwarrior

Thanks for the warm welcome :). Ofc I ment lion rampart, u may have to forgive my spelling from time to time  ;)

Fsn, I'm looking to start a new project but I know I'll be adding more to 100year war stuff before long.

Orcs

Welcome to the Forum

Loin Rampant -From experience I know  that can get you in lots of trouble  :d

Be aware that FSN has a strange perception if size. Actually to be fair he has a stranger perception of most things.  :-\

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

Quote from: RAwarrior on 06 October 2016, 03:44:51 PM
Fsn, I'm looking to start a new project but I know I'll be adding more to 100year war stuff before long.

That's how it starts.   ;D

Plenty to choose from. Lots of new things promised as well. I'm looking forward to the T35, and we're promised some modern infantry soon (though what that means is anyone's guess - well actually Leon, the Dark Lord, knows, but keeps a stern silence - his dark brows pulled low over his gimlet eyes, his strangely sensuous lips pressed close together, his pale, almost girlish hands roving over his ...) I'm holding out for the Korean War, but the Arab-Israeli wars may be a good bet.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

But not before the Aztecs surely! :)
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Westmarcher

Welcome, RA. I used to like a good lurk too. Then I joined the forum. I miss that.

btw: Anywhere near Buckler's Hard?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

RAwarrior

Hey there Westmarcher. Buckler`s hard is 25 min drive

Westmarcher

06 October 2016, 04:48:01 PM #12 Last Edit: 06 October 2016, 04:51:00 PM by Westmarcher
Same for me  :)

................... plus another 7 hours!  :(

Was curious coz I stopped by one day during a holiday* to the New Forest many years ago - charming little place with an interesting origin.

Cheers!

* that's a vacation to you, d-guy. (and, anyway, what's wrong with a car having a hat?)  :P
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leman

06 October 2016, 04:48:14 PM #13 Last Edit: 06 October 2016, 04:50:07 PM by Leman
Definitely going to be Loin Rampant from now on! Welcome and gird 'em up. PS - retired teacher; I don't forgive spelling!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!