15mm Anglo-Hanoverian 7YW

Started by Roy, 28 September 2016, 12:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

Looking very nice Roy, bet you can't wait to get them in table!

Ahhh, the perils of a scale big enough to make out the numbers :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Bodvoc

I once spent ages painting a lovely paper flag for my 10mm ACW, only to glue it on upside down. I didn't even notice until their first game. It is still upside down to this day!
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Roy

I coat my flags in pva glue, to stiffen the paper and allow it to fold as if windblown. The glue made the bloody red paint run into the whites and I had to repaint them (hence why the white looks thick on the Union Flag).

Quote from: toxicpixie on 08 October 2016, 10:53:01 AM
...bet you can't wait to get them in table!

Couldn't care less, truthfully. Soon as I start playing, people soon realise that I'm crap at commanding armies!  ;D
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

toxicpixie

Ooo, ouch on the colour runs :S

Heh, I suggest a game where you just get to practise manouvre ing up and down the parade ground, Roy ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Roy

15mm 7YW British Unit Paint Up [#7]
Finished.

I failed to photo the officer, I know. Nor did I photo the stages of the basing. But I'm sure, for those interested, if you look at these images, or those previously posted, you can work out the methods I used.

Figures used: Freikorp15 British Seven Years' War (sold through Total System Scenic)
Unit representing: British 12th Foot.

Thanks to those of you who pointed out my mistakes, while I was working on these, and to those chap's who passed on information to me when I was stuck. Also to everyone who left comments or 'Liked' my WIP posts. Much appreciated.

Cheers,
Roy
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Techno

Damn fine job, Roy.  8)

Cheers - Phil

toxicpixie

Excellent stuff! I look forward to "in action" shots of them square bashing so as not to risk a defeat ;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

DFlynSqrl

Roy

Thanks everyone.

I took a break from 15mm and painted up a Pendraken-cast figure yesterday. But no photos or details, yet, as its a gift for a chap who is a (very quiet) member of this forum.  :-$
[He coughs: "Clint!"] 

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Roy