15mm Anglo-Hanoverian 7YW

Started by Roy, 28 September 2016, 12:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

Bloody hell Roy, if you were a horse and all that!

Maybe a standing desk on wheels, or possibly a treadmill underneath?! Go for a gentle stroll whilst painting, what could go wrong?
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

He'd probably slip and break his pelvis!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Bodvoc

Very nicely painted figures Roy.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Roy

Quote from: Leman on 04 October 2016, 02:59:45 PM
He'd probably slip and break his pelvis!

I've already got an arthritic hip!  ;D

###

Thanks Bodvoc.

Just one figure left to paint - drummer + two Ensigns / flags done - then on to varnish and basing.

Load of metal arrived yesterday, enough to do x3 batts, x1 horse, x1 art + limber, officers. With what I've already got, when they're painted I'll have enough to play either side in the St. Ulrich scenario in the HoW book.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

toxicpixie

Good luck, don't break anything!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

St Ulrich is a good little scenario, Roy. I've played it four times now as Prussians v Austrians, including swapping the sides over. It's given a different game every time - great fun!

Roy

The first infantry unit is near completion. Just the officer figure, varnishing, and basing left to do.

Here's the three figures (so far painted) belonging the command stand (flags are home made)

His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Leman

Yes Roy, they are hanging sleeves, a leave over from C16th fashion. Originally such sleeves could be buttoned up along the seam to make sleeves to cover the arm.

Roy

Thanks Leman. They completely threw me when it came to painting the figure, I couldn't find the answer in my books so just guessed.

Probably I've painted them wrong? But, tough now, as I can live with it and will do any future paint jobs correctly.

Leman

Think you have made a pretty good job of those sleeves.

Roy

Ha! Bloody Sod's Law that I go and do a google search for "British Drummer Minden" and what's one of the first images I find?

This...

Least my guess work doesn't appear to be too far out

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mollinary

Lovely painting!  Any reason why you have reversed the Roman numerals on one side of the flag? 

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Techno

Splendid work, Roy.  8)

Cheers - Phil

Roy

Thanks all.

Quote from: mollinary on 07 October 2016, 07:52:38 PM
Lovely painting!  Any reason why you have reversed the Roman numerals on one side of the flag? 

Mollinary

Er. I hadn't thought about that one. My brain just went with the 'looking at it in a mirror' theory, but you're probably correct.

Cheers for pointing it out, as I'll sort something out now.

:-bd