15mm Anglo-Hanoverian 7YW

Started by Roy, 28 September 2016, 12:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

That cap is very effective! Now, how about in 6mm ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Roy

03 October 2016, 06:38:27 PM #17 Last Edit: 03 October 2016, 06:41:05 PM by RoyWilliamson
Thank you

The only models I have in 6mm are Nap's, I'm afraid.
I doubt I could manage it on a Baccus6mm, Heroic & Ros or Irregular Min's model, but might give it a try on an Adler (as they've normally got larger sculpted heads).

If it was possible for me to do, I bet I couldn't photo the results as they'd be so small my camera couldn't focus on them. Be Sod's Law, that  :d
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

toxicpixie

Heh, I'm only joking :D

A splodge of white  with a tiny spot of colour/gold would more than suffice in 6mm ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Roy

His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

toxicpixie

I don't think my mental health or eyesight or nerves would cope with that :)

Are these a continuing labour of love to be done as and when, or shall you be cracking through them in the run up to Xmas ready for a game in the snow?!

Roy

Pass.

Another club member has a French army all ready to play, but no opponent. I've only got ACW naval that I can offer with the club, so have to join in using other's toys in their games. I'm hoping to get x3 infantry, x1 horse, x1 artillery and x1 officer painted asap so the club can play Honours of War 7YW. Would love to have it done before Xmas, but the deciding factor is my IBS as sitting for long periods buggers up my guts.

toxicpixie

Ooo, nasty, that sounds unfun. Can you try a "standing desk"? Apparently they're amazing and brilliant and cure everything. I suspect marketing hype, but you never know. We could probably all do with actually standing up more often (he says, wedged into the Bond villain rotating chair for the next eight hours). Or even one of those "backless stools" with the posture device - where you're knees rest on a pad and have to engage your back and stomach muscles to sit? I had one and it was actually really brill till I discovered you could perch on it differently and completely negated the point of it...

Good luck - HoW is a cracking game!

Leman

I checked out standing desks to help my back out, but they are not a cheap option.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

toxicpixie

Just had a quick shufti at Ikea, and minimum cost is £175?! Ouch. My current desk cost, errr, nowt, as it was from Freecycle :D

Definitely something I'd want to try out first before I splashed out...

Westmarcher

Ouch indeed! Presumably you would also wish to sit at some point, in which case you would have to buy a tall chair (like a bar or breakfast bar stool), which I imagine won't be cheap either.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

toxicpixie

Well, I could steal one from the breakfast bar.

Derp. There's a thought. I could just repurpose the breakfast bar... although Ms. Toxic might object...

But that might be a cheap option, especially we got ours off fleaBay for about a fiver and petrol :D

Westmarcher

;D Yeah. Might be easier nicking it from the breakfast bar - nicking one from a pub could be tricky.

Here's another thought. Instead of splashing out £175, why not just dig a hole in the floor?   :)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

toxicpixie

My floor is boards over concrete. I think digger hire would be more expensive. Although doing it with a pick axe might be good exercise :D

Roy

My issue is the need to be moving, as the exercise helps to combat the gastric wind issue and movement allows for wind release!  :O)
[that was the nearest smilie I could find to a noisy fart].

Lack of exercise normally results in the pressurised wind/gas moving onto my chest and restricts breathing, then I end up with my head down the bog dry-retching until I pass the watery-wind/gas combination that had become trapped in my body.

I have stood to paint, in the past. But I've phlebitis in one ankle and the resulting swelling becomes an issue when stationary.

Not that I'm wishing to complain, or turn this thread into a health debate  ;D