Medieval Buildings

Started by Nosher, 03 October 2010, 05:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

I need to model a village for my 100yw Frenchies/English to defend/overrun and have hit a bit of a stumbling block. Who makes 10mm medieval buildings :(

I've seen Kallistras castle which is stunning but looking for something much smaller/cheaper!
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

nikharwood

fred.

There are some quite nice paper ones on this Warmaster site
http://www.brumbaer.de/Wm/Build/index.html
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Nosher

Cheers Nik/Fred - I'd seen the JR Minis and have some of their WW2 stuff - couldn't see the wood for the trees!
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

lentulus

I'd really like to see Pendraken give a few more half-timber resin offerings as well.

Leon

Quote from: lentulus on 04 October 2010, 01:09:47 AM
I'd really like to see Pendraken give a few more half-timber resin offerings as well.

I think we would too, it's one of the periods which we don't have much to offer in the way of scenery.  As with a lot of other stuff, it's finding people to design them for us.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

seano1815

I found these on a blog the guy had the whole set, and for the price you can't go wrong they do a few different sets, and when based look good
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Make-Medieval-Usborne-Cut-out-Models/dp/1409505626/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_a#noop

17-21l

Irregular miniatures do 3 half timbered houses - canny enough and git cheap
???
God Save the Queen
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

lentulus

Quote from: 17-21l on 18 October 2010, 03:58:09 PM
Irregular miniatures do 3 half timbered houses - canny enough and git cheap
???

Got a pic?  Some of their stuff is butt-ugly, but lord that is cheap!  If there are just barely good enough, it is certainly a cheap way to build a durable town.

Hope you don't mind my asking, Leon; if you think this line of question should be deleted I won't be offended; this is your forum.

Leon

Quote from: lentulus on 18 October 2010, 06:14:22 PM
Got a pic?  Some of their stuff is butt-ugly, but lord that is cheap!  If there are just barely good enough, it is certainly a cheap way to build a durable town.

Hope you don't mind my asking, Leon; if you think this line of question should be deleted I won't be offended; this is your forum.

No, not at all, we might be Pendraken-biased, but if we can't provide it, then by all means look for other recommendations. 

A quick note on this topic though, I've spoken to a couple of Forum members over the past couple of weeks about making us some Medieval buildings, so we'll let everyone know if we get anything through.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Excellent - if this is becoming a 'requests' Medieval Building thread, I'd like Jerusalem please  ;) :P ;D

Aart Brouwer

Can you do Carcassonne minus Viollet-le-Duc?  :P

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

17-21l

hey Aart is that a request for some form of position from the Karms sutra??? gee you Americano's

Lentulus , yes they are cabby enough ( irregular houses), cheap as chips and do the job. There are only 3 of the little darlings though.
Theyve also got some wagons , ie hay, ammo, etc for 17c stuff that are nice, figures are on the very rough side though and I wouldnt go there if the big P offered the range.

Et tu Brutus

;) :o :-[
God Save the Queen
2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!