Pendraken Silver Jubilee

Started by Orcs, 22 September 2016, 06:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

Wikipedia entry on the centre points of GB, UK, etc.

So, Whalley, Lancashire for a meet? Maybe not :)

Sheffield is central and has a good rail connection to Edinburgh as I discovered when visiting for Joy of Six, so presumably possible to get to from other places too! Until then I'd come to believe it impossible to get a train to or from Edinburgh to anywhere that hosted a wargames show at the weekend!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Whalley, my family originates from there, and you think Denham gets misspelled/mispronounced!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Fenton

For the middle of everywhere for GB and N.Ireland and all the other off shore bits the closest point of land is Morecambe

......OK let's not choose there
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Nick the Lemming

If you want really large scale, then considering the universe as a whole, the centre would surely be somewhere in Yorkshire.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Fenton on 25 September 2016, 04:15:23 PM
For the middle of everywhere for GB and N.Ireland and all the other off shore bits the closest point of land is Morecambe

......OK let's not choose there
Lancaster has a very strong 10mm community led by DanJ, and I've got great friends there, so I'm okay with that!
Leon, hire an aircraft carrier!!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

I suggest (in order of preference)

1) Birmingham
     2) Middlesborough
     3) Techno's house
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

If it was at Technos house would we need to supply our own doilies and white lightning ?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Techno

Plenty of room in the big barn to set up loads of tables.  :D

Getting here, and parking, might be a bit of a problem.  ;D ;D

Quote from: Fenton on 25 September 2016, 07:22:17 PM
If it was at Technos house would we need to supply our own doilies and white lightning ?

No....Just bring wellies and rubber gloves, so you can help with the mucking out.
We'll supply the wheelbarrows and the giant pooper scoopers.  ;)

Cheers - Phil

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Techno on 25 September 2016, 07:46:35 PM
Plenty of room in the big barn to set up loads of tables.  :D

Getting here, and parking, might be a bit of a problem.  ;D ;D

No....Just bring wellies and rubber gloves, so you can help with the mucking out.
We'll supply the wheelbarrows and the giant pooper scoopers.  ;)

Cheers - Phil

You've got that lovely big field opposite - just have to pick a time of year when it hasn't been raining too much!  :-\

Oh, yeah...  #-o

;)

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Sandinista

Quote from: Nick the Lemming on 25 September 2016, 06:19:53 PM
If you want really large scale, then considering the universe as a whole, the centre would surely be somewhere in Yorkshire.

It is called the  Lion Inn at Blakey Ridge 😊

Cheers
Ian

d_Guy

If at Techno's house - will fly over - will bring absolutely killer white lightning ( But that will involve bribing TSA so need heads up on this.)
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Techno

'Ere......

Did we ever congratulate you on becoming a Colonel, Guy ?....Or reaching 1,000 posts ?

Not sure if we did or not.  :-\

Cheers - Phil

d_Guy

Quote from: Techno on 26 September 2016, 07:43:21 PM
'Ere......

Did we ever congratulate you on becoming a Colonel, Guy ?....Or reaching 1,000 posts ?

Not sure if we did or not.  :-\

Cheers - Phil
Thanks Techno!  :)

Considering fsn in last year's holiday message group projected me to reach Major General by end of 2016 - making colonel is falling way short of my prophizied performance - sorry fsn  :D

Of course still have three months  :P
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: d_Guy on 26 September 2016, 08:42:38 PM
Thanks Techno!  :)

Considering fsn in last year's holiday message group projected me to reach Major General by end of 2016 - making colonel is falling way short of my prophizied performance - sorry fsn  :D

Of course still have three months  :P

TYPE FASTER

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

mart678

Techno's place is a bit far for me  :D :D :D :D but I will suffer the 40 minute drive