Pendraken Silver Jubilee

Started by Orcs, 22 September 2016, 06:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Just looking at some old posts and looking at the "Pendraken Birthday Bash" realised that next year will be Pendrakens Silver Jubilee.

Just wondering if Dave and Leon had any plans for celebrating this.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Stop the process more likely. NO AZTECS.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

What about a few Welsh Aztecs? With luck, that'll send Ian right around the twist.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Quote from: FierceKitty on 22 September 2016, 07:54:59 AM
What about a few Welsh Aztecs? With luck, that'll send Ian right around the twist.

Thought they had those in Patagonia
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: FierceKitty on 22 September 2016, 07:45:42 AM
Half-price meso-American range?

In your dreams, Pal.  :P

They should be double the normal price.

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 22 September 2016, 07:49:34 AM
A proper holiday?

I second that. You all should take a well earned break.  IF either Leon or Dave actually knows what the words "Break" or "Holiday" or even "weekend" mean.

Quote from: FierceKitty on 22 September 2016, 07:45:42 AM
Half-price meso-American range?

I am sure that Leon would consider knocking a tenner off your order provided you bought enough packs that the weight of the order equalled your own bodyweight  ;D

I was actually thinking something along the lines of a 10mm Wargaming weekend. So Dave and Leon actually got to play with some of their products and some members of the Forum who woud organise the said games. 

Or just a Forum Members get together - You know all turn up at the  "Ferret and Pidgeon" public house with a picture of a dice on your lapel. So you could recognise each other. 

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Chris Pringle

Surely the obvious way for Pendraken to celebrate the Silver Jubilee would be for all that year's castings to be made of silver?

d_Guy

Prehapes at trip to Historicon AND then take a two week vacation?
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Leon

We do have some rough ideas pencilled in, but we need to work out the best way of doing them.  The first question is whether to hold any potential show/birthday event up here in the North-East like last time, or whether to head down to the Midlands somewhere to make things easier for everyone to get to.

:-\
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Chad

Fenton

Wasn't the 20th anniversary only last year?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Shedman

Congratulations - As part of the celebrations how about buying back my unpainted Pendraken lead mountain (it's almost a Munro) - at a discount of course!!!

:d

Alan

Orcs

I think Milton Keynes counts as "The Midlands"