Anyone from South waies !

Started by gizmok24, 21 September 2016, 02:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gizmok24

Hey all i just got into warband and im loving the game :D
I am wondering are there any people playing in south wales especially around Cardiff etc or any clubs with members playing the game as i would like to meet people playing this awesome game or play in a tournament or big huge battle
thanks for reading and any replies.
- Louis :)

Techno

Not absolutely sure about the Cardiff area, Gizmo......Though I have a feeling there's at least one other forum member that lives around there.

'Fraid I live the best part of 100 miles away.....Mart's another 20 miles further on.

Cheers - Phil (Pembs)

fsn

21 September 2016, 07:48:37 AM #2 Last Edit: 21 September 2016, 07:53:28 AM by fsn
Welcome to the Forum Mr K24.

Not a Warbander myself - nor indeed, do I live in Wales. I used to, but that was North Wales. Not vey helpful at all really.

Also, point to mention - Techno's very nice, but his sense of geography is a biit ... tenuous. I quote:

"... Cardiff area, ...'Fraid I live the best part of 100 miles away.....Mart's another 20 miles further on." (Sept 2016)
"... Middleborough. ... Mart's another 20 miles further on." (Aug 2016)
"... Cornwall ... Mart's another 20 miles further on." (Dec 2015)
"... Plymouth ... Mart's another 20 miles further on" (Oct 2015)
"... Sri Lanka ... Mart's another 20 miles further on" (Jul 2015)
"... British Antarctic Expedition ... Mart's another 20 miles further on" (Jan 2015)

So, from whichever direction you're coming Techno will categorically state that "Mart's another 20 miles further on".  I'd seek independent verification.

Enjoy the delights of the forum! Hope to see some posts, maybe a few threads from you, and pictures. We all love pictures.  :D

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

MORE WELSH ARGGGHH

Welcome - I think  ;)

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 21 September 2016, 07:48:37 AM
Also, point to mention - Techno's very nice, but his sense of geography is a biit ... tenuous. I quote:
So, from whichever direction you're coming Techno will categorically state that "Mart's another 20 miles further on".  I'd seek independent verification.

Nobby.....You're an OIK !  =)
Cheers - Phil

Luddite

Where I'm from originally,  "it's a long walk to Dorset, but a damn sight longer run".  If asked how far exactly,  the clarification will be, "a fair part of a tidy bit".
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Duke Speedy of Leighton

No, you just need to know that if you are coming south, from Cardigan, Brecon, or Builth Wells, ( usually on the A478), Mart is nearer, then Techno is 20 miles further on.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Subedai

Welcome from me as well -albeit from the other side of England in Kent. Used to live in Wales, not far from Brecon but that's about it.

I would hazard a guess and say that I am 20 miles further on from most here.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Isn't everywhere in Wales just another 20 miles, but for the effing great lump of granite or slate in the way.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Unless it's part of the Harlech dome or Cambrian range...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Shedman

Welcome

I stay in Cowbridge on a Tuesday and  Wednesday which is near Cardiff

There is a club that meets on a Tuesday in Penarth and I'm pretty certain there is a biggish games shop in Cardiff

I no longer drive so I no longer go to them

d_Guy

Welcome to the forum, Louis! Lots of folks here do warband - I am not one of them.
I was in South Wales, however - once - a long time ago - shortly after our descent from the trees.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Orcs

Welcome to the forum.

I am not sure anyone is going to actually admit from being from South Wales, ;) With the exception of Techno who lives there by default after he fled the invasion (Roman).  Rumour has it that FSN once lived in Wales, but that could have been in one of his narcotic influenced dreams.

Ianrs has a passionate dislike of anyone he considers foreign, this is strange considering he lives in Liverpool, once the biggest docks and by default place with most diverse number of visitors.

I stopped going to Wales after it became the norm that "holiday homes" all came with a rather too large "real fire"

So good luck with your search for opponents. 
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

No, I lived in a whale.

Or is that the delusion? So hard to tell nowadays.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

Welcome to the Forum Mr K24.

Not a Warbander myself - nor indeed, do I live in Wales. I used to, but that was North Wales. Not vey helpful at all really.

"... Cardiff area, ...'Fraid I live the best part of 100 miles away.....Mart's another 20 miles further on." (Sept 2016)
"... Middleborough. ... Mart's another 20 miles further on." (Aug 2016)
"... Cornwall ... Mart's another 20 miles further on." (Dec 2015)
"... Plymouth ... Mart's another 20 miles further on" (Oct 2015)
"... Sri Lanka ... Mart's another 20 miles further on" (Jul 2015)
"... British Antarctic Expedition ... Mart's another 20 miles further on" (Jan 2015)

Enjoy the delights of the forum! Hope to see some posts, maybe a few threads from you, and pictures. We all love pictures.  :D

Maybe Mart's is some sort of Welsh off licence chain that's gone global
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!