Project: Austrian cuirassier

Started by Jesus, 20 September 2016, 09:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesus

Hello, I'm happy as me are starting to get these soldiers after correcting my technique of painting. Gradually I will placing the result. Thank you.
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

Techno

Coming along VERY nicely, J.

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Zippee

how did you deal with the cuirass backplate?

Chad

As far as I know they did not wear a backplate

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Zippee

Quote from: Chad on 20 September 2016, 06:59:13 PM
As far as I know they did not wear a backplate

No they didn't but the PD cuirassier are sculpted with one, so you either paint and ignore, paint it as a backplate or carve and resculpt

I chose to paint the backplate as sculpted - wrong though it is.

toxicpixie

Looks good Zippee - the Inhaber must have had deep pockets and sorted back plates out himself ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Zippee

Thanks TP,
actually the more I look at the OP, the clearer it becomes that they aren't PD cuirassier - in fact I'm not convinced they are Austrian, the helmet looks far more like a raupenhlem.

Are they perchance Bavarian C-L or Dragoons?

toxicpixie

I can't tell from the piccy, sorry!

Given that I'm using paint converted Russian dragoons for Austrian cuirassiers (admittedly in 6mm!) I'm not really the person to comment on detailed accuracy ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Jesus

continued..

Jesus

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Zippee

Quote from: toxicpixie on 21 September 2016, 11:25:33 AM
I can't tell from the piccy, sorry!

Given that I'm using paint converted Russian dragoons for Austrian cuirassiers (admittedly in 6mm!) I'm not really the person to comment on detailed accuracy ;)

It was kind of rhetorical - I'm certain they aren't PD Austrians  :-\

LOL my 6mm are definitely Austrian but I don't have any pictures of them so you'll have to put up some Baden hussars instead

:D

Techno

Excellent stuff. (Both)

Cheers - Phil