Jchaos 10mm projects

Started by jchaos79, 20 September 2016, 12:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

jchaos79

Here my work of February so far:

First a unit of Persian army. Looking thorugh Persian army ospray I saw an ethipean sailor picture (they one of the left side). I like the concept and I make a subjected infantry unit with the concept of Ethiopean marines. I used Newline Persian subject infantry figures mixed with Pendraken arab tribal infantry miniatures.

Then I painted some trojan, a unit of warriors and a unit of chariots

At last some heros to make the plenty heros of Homeric legends

And project complete, Homeric greek army finish

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

DFlynSqrl

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Is it an actual family photo in the sixth shot?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Ooh! I LIKE those! Very nicely done indeed.

As to picture six, I reckon Ajax has set up his camera and Agamemnon is muttering,"Are you sure you set that timer? We don't have all day. We have a city to sack, for feck's sake! If I'm late home, my wife'll kill me!!"
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

d_Guy

Great looking, jchaos. Love the Trojan war! Have messed with it a bit and work on my figures from time to time - you, sir, have again inspired me.

Quote from: Ithoriel on 12 February 2017, 01:48:28 PM
If I'm late home, my wife'll kill me!!"
;D :-bd
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

jchaos79

Thanks guys!

I would like a proper trojan horse, but I am lack of inspiration about the model to use. I know there are a Trojan Rabbit (the one of the Holy Grial film) for 10mm out there. I am tempted to buy it.

d_Guy

Do it! You can have it that Odysseus started a rumor among the Trojans that many Achians worshipped a god called Caerbannog.  :)
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

mollinary

I'd be inclined to google 'Trojan Horse Model Kit' first, there seem to be quite a few which might fit the bill,

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Techno

Great stuff, JC ! 

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

Personally I believe the Trojan Horse story was a garbled account of the use of a conventional siege tower. With the lower rear section as the horse's body and the tower as it's neck and head it's possible (in the dusk with the light behind it) to see the engine below as roughly horse-like. The Trojans bringing it into their own city may recall the practice of forcing captured defenders to drag siege towers into position.

However, the Trojan Horse story is an excellent one and an actual wooden horse miniature would be cool!

Have you considered Rapier Miniatures 6mm one? It's a little smaller than the horse is shown in movies but I reckon you could fit a dozen Greek Heroes in there at a pinch and at £1.50 it's not going to break the bank.

Pic comparing it to a Pendraken Russian figure.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

jchaos79

Looking really good . that model fit what I was searching.

Personally I always thought the Trojan horse was an allegory of a traitor who open the walls/doors from inside. Recently  I read the theory about the Siege tower in Osprays books, and seems Ok for me. But If I had to game this I should game with a Huge wooden Horse that carry some forces (1 unit or two). Then they must open the big doors. :)

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!