New WSS and FPW Flags!

Started by Leon, 19 September 2016, 03:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

19 September 2016, 03:09:02 AM Last Edit: 19 September 2016, 04:23:05 PM by Leon
We're continuing to work on our flag ranges and this month we've got some revamped versions of some of the older designs in the catalogue.  First up, Tony from Tiny Tin Troops has been hard at work designing some new WSS flagsheets for us.  The existing sheets had been supplied to us by Baccus for a number of years, and are really resized 6mm designs.  These new ones have been designed at a larger size so should be a lot crisper.  Thanks to Tony for his work on these!

Secondly, Mig has been working to revamp the 19th C. French and Prussian sheets for us as well.  The French sheet contains a variety of different designs, although at 10mm scale the different lettering in the flags is probably hard to distinguish, so you'll have to take our word for it...!  The Prussian sheet now contains a couple of flags, 16 of the 1828 design which was carried by most of IR 1-31, plus 8 of the 1810 design which would have been carried by most other battalions.  Thanks to Mig for his design work and also a big thanks to mollinary for his help with checking the designs.

WSS Flags - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Flags-c30/Marlburian-SYW-sc253/

PNFL302 - Hesse & Hanover      £2.50

PNFL303 - Imperialist      £2.50

PNFL304 - Brandenburg-Prussia      £2.50

PNFL310 - Dutch      £2.50

PNFL311 - Dutch Auxiliaries      £2.50

FPW Flags - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Flags-c30/19th-C-European-sc257/

PNFL703 - French      £2.50

PNFL704 - Prussian      £2.50

We hope you like them!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

I would like them if they did not have Pendraken all over them  :D

Seriously I will buy some when I get my WSS finished - (que Last Hussar)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

mollinary

19 September 2016, 02:57:48 PM #2 Last Edit: 19 September 2016, 04:49:59 PM by mollinary
Quote from: Leon on 19 September 2016, 03:09:02 AM
The Prussian sheet now contains a couple of flags, 16 of the 1810 design which was carried by most of IR 1-31, plus 8 of the 1828 design which was would have been carried by most other battalions.  

Actually it's 16 of the 1828 and 8 of the 1810,  but who is counting!  :D :D

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Quote from: mollinary on 19 September 2016, 02:57:48 PM
Actually it's 16 of the 1828 and 8 of the 1820, but who is counting!  :D :D

I think we're both out slightly on this one, I've got the description the wrong way round, so there's 16 of the 1828 (greener) flag and then 8 of the 1810 (more gold) flag.  The 1820 design was more green going by the images we had?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mollinary

Actually, you are right. My 1820 was fat finger syndrome, which I corrected before I saw your next comment - honest!  :-[

Mollinary

Leon

Quote from: mollinary on 19 September 2016, 04:51:42 PM
Actually, you are right. My 1820 was fat finger syndrome, which I corrected before I saw your next comment - honest!  :-[

:D

Last Hussar

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 19 September 2016, 02:05:32 PM
I would like them if they did not have Pendraken all over them  :D

Seriously I will buy some when I get my WSS finished - (que Last Hussar)

You are doing British...
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Sandinista

For pre Act of Union (1707) use the English flags from the LoA range as they don't have the Union flag on them

cheers
Ian

John

Good to see the WSS Imperialists and Brandenburgers have flags for their saucy Lieb (love) battalions  ;)

JeffNNN

Quote from: John on 25 September 2016, 08:53:24 PM
Good to see the WSS Imperialists and Brandenburgers have flags for their saucy Lieb (love) battalions  ;)
Sadly it also means "body" as in Bodyguard Regiment. Your version would be much more fun though.

mollinary

Quote from: JeffNNN on 25 September 2016, 09:22:58 PM
Sadly it also means "body" as in Bodyguard Regiment. Your version would be much more fun though.

Sadly, unless I am much mistaken (not an uncommon occurrence it has to be said!). I believe the point being made is that 'Lieb' means love,  and 'Leib' means body. An easy source of confusion.  ;)

Mollinary

Leman

German is dead easy  -  ei = i
                                   ie = e

And of course the yanks mess it up consistently.

The other one is berg and burg. If you just remember that an ice berg is an ice mountain and that the German burg is similar to our burgh, town, it then begins to make a lot more sense.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!