Casualties

Started by Zippee, 11 September 2016, 07:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zippee

Any chance of casualty markers to go with the existing ranges?

Leman

There are an awful lot knocking around  - C19th has French, Prussian, Austrian and generic (very useful for WWI Russkies). There are also generic dead horses somewhere - very useful for all sorts of cavalry casualties. Lot of C18th casualties in AWI range.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Zippee

But how does that help with the OCD?

d_Guy

As has been said, it should be CDO  :)
Sleep with clean hands ...

Zippee

How can you stand to type when the letters don't all end up in alphabetical order, neatly grouped by frequency*.

No good just doing the capital ones....ooh there's a thought do they get grouped entirely separately by frequency, or in front of their small case brethren one-by-one, how about bold, italics, aargh! My dilemma pills are required nurse!

*bet you're albums are a mess too!  8)

sultanbev

Bump.
Just a reminder for Leon about Napoleonic casualty figures. Basic infantry ones will do, plus a dying general in bicorne in heroic deathbed pose.....

Mark

Leman

There are ACW ones as well.

Leon

Just to update on this, we'll be getting casualties done in the next couple of months.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

John Cook

Just curious but what do people need casualty markers for and how many casualties are they supposed to represent?

sultanbev

We use them to represent disordered units, it's better asthetically than using card/plastic markers with the word 'Disordered' written on it.

Mark

Leman

Disorder markers in the ACW, unit integrity markers in FOB2, disorder markers in WWI - better than a chit for aesthetic reasons.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Wound markers (half base) in MeG
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

John Cook

Quote from: sultanbev on 22 January 2019, 12:25:41 PM
We use them to represent disordered units, it's better asthetically than using card/plastic markers with the word 'Disordered' written on it.

Mark

Thanks for the explanation.  I don't used cards or markers so it never occurred to me.

FierceKitty

I use them to record how many units each side has lost; breaking morale is an effect of proportion as well as absolute numbers.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fsn

Silly question ... but do the casualties move with the units?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!