Hello from London!

Started by Ammianus_Marcellinus, 02 September 2016, 11:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dave Fielder

I think you are welcome to it ...
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

PB

Welcome and as already mentioned, the Late Romans are a great place to start

paulr

Welcome, looking forward to seeing these painted up :-h
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

More Sufferners

Welcome I think.

IanS  :D
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ammianus_Marcellinus

Thanks all for your very kind welcomes!

fred – oh yes, it's my first time really getting into small scale, and after a lot of browsing across the internet it was what great justice so many have done the range, and the variety of poses and troop types that sealed the deal of using Pendraken 10s rather than another manufacturer or 6mm.
Comitatus doesn't have a fixed scale and I will report back once I've tried it, but seems like it should happily work from skirmish to Strasbourg, although I may need to trim down the command system for the former.

Leman – thank you, I'm aware of Dux Britaniarum, and will be sure to try it at some point; I understand that 20mm² bases can work for it, is that correct? Fantastic looking Sassanids, can't wait to check out those sculpts too

Zippee – Southeast Landan

d Guy – I, ofc, meant Londinium

Westmarcher – Thanks and absolutely, Latin was a second language for him.

ianrs54 – thanks, just getting back into wargaming, any recommendations for 10mm in London or the Southeast?

No - but there are several clubs in the London area, I'd look up one of those. Be  prepared to try different periods and scales before you buy anything, see what you like.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Zippee

Lots of clubs in the London area.

Unfortunately I'm East London - so there's a river in the way which makes travel hard but not impossible - one of my mates regularly comes up from SE23 for instance but the tunnels are a limiting factor!

The obvious big clubs for you would be South East London Wargames (SELWG) or South London Warlords (Salute) - so much depends upon location  :D

Orcs

Welcome to the forum.

There used to be a fairly robust club in Ilford.

http://www.ilfordwargamesgroup.co.uk/

They certainly used to do an annual show.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The Ilford boys are still active. Shout if you need a contact.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Zippee

Yeah Ilford still meets - we've moved location though, let me know if you need an invite

Aksu

Belated welcome from an ex-londoner. Take care ;)
Cheers,
Aksu

Subedai

Quick wotcha from me in Maidstone...the one close-ish to south east London, not any from across the big pond. 

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

urbancohort

Welcome. Late Roman I'd an era I intend to try out one day, but being hugely interested in the career of Flavius Aetius I'll probably go for Patrician army. Eventually.
One should try everything in life, except for incest and folk-dancing....