Checking on Interest for a Warband Tournament in 2017 (County Durham)

Started by Spenno, 02 September 2016, 09:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spenno

Hello everybody,

The guys who ran Fated Festival this year which was at the Moor House Adventure Centre at West Rainton have been looking at expanding the games played at the 2017 event and have asked me to be a TO. I thought it would be cool to plan a Warband Tournament for this as it is a really cool game and a good idea to support a game that was designed so close to where the event is held.

Currently I can not give any dates as it is still in early planning and I am wanting to gauge interest in such an event so if anybody would be up for this please reply to this post.

If you have any questions please ask and I will do my best to respond quickly.

Thanks

Steven

Bodvoc

As long as the date did not clash with work, I would be very interested, I only live about an hour away.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

It's possible, any chance of stats for Dionsaours ? Got a large batch cheap at Gauntlet.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Spenno

Quote from: Bodvoc on 02 September 2016, 06:21:55 PM
As long as the date did not clash with work, I would be very interested, I only live about an hour away.

Cool, last years event was around the end of June but as soon as I get some form of dates I will update you. Hopefully with it will get a fair bit of interest from local people.

Thanks

Steven

Luddite

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Spenno

Quote from: Luddite on 18 September 2016, 08:35:29 PM
I'll be there.  I may have a few others in tow.   :)

That will be great 😅 will see if I can get some more info on the event this week.

Thanks

Steven

Spenno

Another question would people prefer it to be a standard Swiss style tournament or a story driven tournament with two factions?  Any other suggestions will be taken on board.

Thanks
steven

Spenno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 03 September 2016, 07:00:15 AM
It's possible, any chance of stats for Dionsaours ? Got a large batch cheap at Gauntlet.

IanS

Well if it is a story based tournament I might be able to throw something together   ;)

Steven

Chieftain

Official Guru of our Warband rules!

Spenno

Swiss style would just be the standard rules for picking a force and players would be randomly matched game one and then after that 1st vrs 2nd, 3rd vrs 4th and so on after that.

If it was story driven then I could look into changing around army selection for each round if I use custom scenarios.

Steven

Chieftain

Swiss seems easier and will mean players can build the forces they want rather than being predetermined (unless you're planning to provide those forces)?!   :D

Perhaps a Swiss style but with the players divided into two "factions" so that there's an individual winner and a winning faction?  That would allow a bit of a narrative over the course of the games?
Official Guru of our Warband rules!

Spenno

Yeah that sounds like the best mix of the two types of event.

Lol I do like painting but not that much ;)

Spenno

Just to give people a heads up, I have spoke to the organizer and we have no idea yet for a date due to him being severely over worked at the moment, but will post as soon as I find out.

On a different note the Club that I go to in Sunderland are looking to run more tournaments next year. so once I get some more scenery made I will be looking to run one there to and will post it on here.

Thanks

Steven

Luddite

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN