My 10mm Barbarian army for Warband

Started by Hector, 31 August 2016, 12:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hector

Hiya all!
I've been meaning to upload these photos for a while. I brought and fell in love with the Warband rules and so this is my 500point barbarian army. I haven't done that much painting and my normal size is 28s so I am quite pleased with the results  :). Best photos i could do on my iPhone, oh and i do need one more war-mammoth to fully fill the base.

Next up working on some high Elves....

"http://s50.photobucket.com/user/FudgeingGamer/embed/slideshow/My%2010mm%20Barbarian%20army%20for%20Warband"

(also not used photo bucket before so hopefully this link works. :D)

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

d_Guy

Good looking stuff Hector. Particularly like the sandwirm with the nasty teeth.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Absolutely belting !! Superb job on those, Hector.  =D>

Cheers -Phil

Bodvoc

Well painted. :) What army will you choose to paint as their opposition?
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Superb stuff!

I'll echo d_guy's sentiments about the Sandworm, very impressive. Where did the model come from?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fred.

Great stuff Hector, a very impressive looking army. More so if you aren't used to painting 10mm figures.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Subedai

Rather splendid looking little chaps and bases. Lots of all around goodness.

MickS

Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Hector

Hello all
Thanks so much for all your kind words, really appreciate them and all the encouragement!  :-[

The worm was a model that was given to me by a friend when he was clearing out his attic. If memory serves think he said it came from a starship troopers game but don't quote me on that one  ;D

Also I have a high elf starter set im currently working through for my next army, I am going to make them very siege weapon heavy so they have a different play style for my glass canon barbarians.

Thanks again for the kind words!

nikharwood

Yeah - he's quite talented, that Hector. Of course, he's in West Somerset so he's in great company ;) 8)

jchaos79

Wow nice army. The bases are super and I really like the feeling of the forces

ErHo

Very very cool!   That worm is epic!
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Roy

Rimmer: "Aliens."

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Rimmer: "Well, we didn't use it all, Lister. Who did?"

Lister: "Rimmer, aliens used our bog roll?"