Whippet required - no flat caps, please

Started by Wulf, 29 August 2016, 08:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulf

Recently I bought the Boardgame "The Great War", a Commands & Colors variant, for those who know the system, by The Plastic Soldier Company. Lots of little toy soldiers, and I also got the Tanks expansion, with a couple each of Mk.IV Male & Female & a couple A7V, to scale with the figures (which makes them quite big!) Figures & tanks are very nice, although I'm not too fond of the hard plastic. Only a single German rifle has broken though. Sadly, I lost the torso of one of the British machinegunners while cleaning up, I'm trying to contact them to buy a new sprue (no reply in 3 days though...)

Anyway, the rulebook includes stats for a Whippet fast tank, but notes that they're for completeness, as there's no mini for it.

So, the point of this post, does anyone know a good manufacturer of Whippets in either big 15mm or small 20mm? The figures are officially 1/100th scale, and are about 18mm tall to the tops of their battle bowlers.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Try QRF, not the best models sometimes. Peter Pig may also do one. Both 15mm.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

brelly

Hi

The Whippet was included in the Kickstarter and they are nice.  I have just gone to Plastic Soldier and they have a pack of 3 for 16.50 pounds the same as supplied in the Kickstarter. Link http://theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=163_159&products_id=1226  Hope this helps.

Paul

Orcs

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leman

Have you tried Devo? They do a very good Whip it.  :d
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Wulf

Quote from: Leman on 29 August 2016, 10:46:13 AM
Have you tried Devo? They do a very good Whip it.  :d
I missed that one while I was Working in a Coal Mine...

Wulf

Quote from: brelly on 29 August 2016, 09:19:29 AMThe Whippet was included in the Kickstarter and they are nice. 
Excellent  - I got mine with the Kickstarter for the Peloponnesian War version of Quartermaster General (Death or Glory? Something like that...) and no Whippets were ofered.

That'll do nicely!

petercooman

Wulf

Excellent. Pricey, mind you, you have to buy the figures in packs of 3 sprues.

NTM

Blue Moon may be suitable as they are generally large 15mm

Min figs also produce one

Wulf

I have an urge to buy them from the game publishers, but I'll look at the alternatives, thanks all.

Orcs

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson