Hard time picking a scale

Started by acctingman, 26 August 2016, 06:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

so far that terrain is looking very good. Why not take some of the car off that money woman to get even more scenic items?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Orcs

I Play Chain of command in 20mm for post D-day stuff, and you need loads of terrain.  I think are more buildings around for 20mm skirmish gaming as many of the smaller scales do not allow you to put figures actually in the building which is desirable for Chain of Command as you need to know were the figures are inside the building

Bocage fields would often be very small - sometimes only 40 yards across.  Chain of command gives a ground scale of 12" =40 yards.

Don't forget roads/lanes were lined with bocage so if you have two roads forming a cross over a 6 x 4 table that's 10 feet of road needing hedges on both sides - so 20 feet of hedging

You will then need hedging to form fields. So with 12" square fields that's approx. another 20 or more feet of hedge

So on the table you are proposing you will need around 80 feet of hedging.  So I suggest you aim to stat on a 6 x 4 table and build your collection up.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson