New club in Tunstall, nr Richmond, North Yorkshire.

Started by Bodvoc, 26 August 2016, 04:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

Quote from: ianrs54 on 31 August 2016, 07:51:27 AM
ERm - Queens Drive, till I wuz 6.

IanS

Being born in a car park doesn't make you a car ;)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Bodvoc

The next club meeting on Friday 9th Sept. sees 1/600 scale ACW  naval action, Flames of War in 15mm and possibly 6mm Ancients using Hail Caesar. We are hoping to have anything from 6 to players, not bad for just our second meeting.  :)
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

d_Guy

Quote from: Techno on 30 August 2016, 12:45:52 PM
We ought to have a series of productive taxing posts, to see whether we can work out the real meaning.

Cheers - Phil

Wait! You mean Pendraken is considering taxing posts if they are productive? Sort of like a commission for good ideas!?
That means that some of us will never be taxed! I'm down with that.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Roy

Just finished getting the planned forces ready for the ACW naval game at the next club night.

Merrimac-Virginia and Monitor had been built previously, but I've painted up the USS Nahant and USS Weehawken models to fit my planned scenario - Time-wise, post-Hampton Roads, and a Union force of three monitors has been dispatched to destroy the big Confederate ironclad warship Virginia.

Rules will be Smoke on the Water.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

d_Guy

Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Bodvoc

Great work Roy, nothing like having a game to get ready for to inspire you. I look forward to seeing them for real.

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Roy

His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Leman

Very nice indeed. something for me to aspire to as I ready myself to paint the USS Tyler.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

skywalker

Roy

Thank you  :)

Skywalker, do these two gents seem familiar?
http://zabadakszombieworld.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/border-reiver-2016.html

###

Looks like there'll be 3 games for the second club night.

15mm WW2 Flames of War
1/600 ACW Naval Smoke on the Water
Impetus Ancients (don't know the scale - what size does Pete play, Bodvoc?)

Been working on 28mm Ancient Germans, myself. So far I've 20 figures done, but am now working on expanding unit size to make a larger 30 figure 28mm warband unit that can be used with Impetus and To the Strongest! rules.

Bodvoc

I am looking forward to our second meeting, the ancients will actually be 6mm Greeks and Persians using Hail Caesar Rules. However the 6x3cm bases also suit Impetus and To the Strongest. (and Sword and Spear).