Prusssian flags for 1870 war - guide

Started by Brotherdargon, 25 August 2016, 08:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brotherdargon

Can I have a short guide to all those flags on the PNFL71? Which regiments used them? Acc. to sources, line infantry used standard black/white flag.

mollinary

Hi BD,

If you go to search, and put in PNFL 71 Prussian Flags, you should find a thread on this started by Flodin. Leon responded with the list you are looking for on 19Jan 2013. Hope this helps, or some h I ally competent person post the link on this thread!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

mollinary

Leman

Well done indeed. The important thing about flags to me is that I get the correct regiment with the correct flag. Far less concerned these days whether it was the 33rd Foot and Mouth or the 35th Egg and Spoon that fought at Ma Latour's.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

mollinary

Quote from: mollinary on 26 August 2016, 11:18:32 AM
Hi BD,

If you go to search, and put in PNFL 71 Prussian Flags, you should find a thread on this started by Flodin. Leon responded with the list you are looking for on 19Jan 2013. Hope this helps, or some h I ally competent person post the link on this thread!

Mollinary

Curiously "h I ally" was supposed to be "technically"!   Go figure.

Mollinary

Leman

Could a H I ally be a Campanian hoplite?

Dave Fielder

I'm not sure the Egg and Spoon's were numbered the 35th, it may have been the 36th ...
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

FierceKitty

They were Highlanders, and it was the 33rd Egg and Sporran. Get it right, for God's sake!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Dave Fielder

I was thinking Egg and Scrambles  Over Easy Coy, sorry.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Leman

They were attached to the RAF in 1940 and frequently had to scramble.