Battleground 2016!

Started by Leon, 25 August 2016, 12:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

Quote from: Leman on 24 October 2016, 09:05:08 PM
Oh, most definitely.

No worries, I'll make a note to contact you about that closer to the time.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

There's a little over 3 weeks to go before Battleground 2016, so not long now!  If anyone would like to book in to the tabletop sale, drop us an email using the Contact form on the website and we'll get you booked in: http://www.battlegroundshow.co.uk/contact

More updates coming soon, including the last few games and details of our living history groups.

http://www.battlegroundshow.co.uk/
https://www.facebook.com/BattlegroundShow/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Roy

05 November 2016, 04:19:39 PM #33 Last Edit: 05 November 2016, 04:22:25 PM by RoyWilliamson
 :-\ Just been watching a video-thingy from Crisis 2014 (fair enough, a few years too late, but first time I'd seen it!) and just wondered about strapping a camcorder to Leon, setting to record, and as he's walking around the show - checking everything's okay - there'd be a video of the show to show-off later.

I won't suggest the official show photographer do the video, as she's busy all day as it is, and its always a case of Leon never looking very busy on the day  :d ;D

;)

-- Just made my first 'pick-up at show' order, today, with KRMulticases / Lesley's Bits Box.
Got me name down to play in two games, also.  
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

FierceKitty

Can't make it. Please don't feel bad - it's not personal.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fsn

Last time they attached a camera to Leon ...

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 05 November 2016, 04:19:39 PM
:-\ Just been watching a video-thingy from Crisis 2014 (fair enough, a few years too late, but first time I'd seen it!) and just wondered about strapping a camcorder to Leon, setting to record, and as he's walking around the show - checking everything's okay - there'd be a video of the show to show-off later.

I think it would be pretty boring for everyone, just me moving tables, carrying trader stock, checking exit doors and closed, wandering about aimlessly...  :D

I won't suggest the official show photographer do the video, as she's busy all day as it is, and its always a case of Leon never looking very busy on the day  :d ;D

She's not here this year unfortunately, so it'll be down to me to do the photo honours this time.

FierceKitty

I won't suggest the official show photographer do the video....

By Golly, a real subjunctive! There ARE literate wargamers on this planet!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Roy

Quote from: fsn on 05 November 2016, 05:52:01 PM
Last time they attached a camera to Leon ...

Where the heck was the camera? Attached, strapped, to the base of the tail?

Quote from: FierceKitty on 06 November 2016, 05:00:34 AM

What's a subjunctive?  :-\ ;D (I know now, after googling it!)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Roy

Quote from: Leon on 06 November 2016, 03:46:16 AM
She's not here this year unfortunately, so it'll be down to me to do the photo honours this time.

Let me in early and I'll photograph everything and everyone, throughout the day! I can even provide my own camera - though you'd need to provide any lights, if wanted?

Quite happy to forego playing games, and my camera is capable of taking well-lit and good images, with a good ability to photograph 'macro' close-ups. Pictures could be emailed, or transferred via USB connection to computer at your unit after the date.

So if you do require a hand, with camera duties, I'm very willing to offer my services.

Leon

I think we'll be OK but I'll give you a shout if I find we're short.  Once the doors open at 10am, I should be able to grab 45 minutes or so to have a run around the games.  If you'll be taking pictures anyway, we can always point people towards your blog after the show, more photos is never a bad thing!

8)

Nick the Lemming

Quote from: FierceKitty on 06 November 2016, 05:00:34 AM

Careful, that's just asking for it. You know that someone will say that a passive periphrastic must be used next.

Leon

We've finalised the games for the show now, with the following all booked in for the event:

PARTICIPATION

Border Reivers
Cross of Iron - WWII game.

Captain Jack's Locker
Frostgrave demonstration games, so come along and have a go!

Consett Tabletop Gamers Society
Chase the Exec-Wing: A fast paced multi-player game based on Fantasy Flight's popular X-Wing, where a squadron of Ties is tasked with hunting down a single X-Wing flown by one of our team.

AND

Great Escape - Based on the current Warhammer 40k system, this game puts players in charge of a handful of survivors as they await extraction to a new safe haven.  The human survivors will have to hold on to their extraction point for a set time with only limited ammo against random squads of alien/daemon/traitor/undead enemies.

Cozzmic Cakes
Cupcake Wars! - The perfect participation game!  Jump in, roll some dice and you might win yourself a cupcake!  What's not to like?!

Durham Raiders
Something To Do With Dice - Spaghetti Western inspired Wild West skirmish game.

Guisborough Gamers
Sands of the Sudan - A good dusting in the Sudan, can you relieve the garrison in time?

Malifaux
Based in an alternate Earth, Malifaux uses gothic, steampunk, and victorian horror with a dose of the wild west to inject fun and depth into the magical lawlessness of a world rife with monsters, necropunks, man-machine hybrids, gunslingers, and powerhungry politicos. Actively using character-driven stories to define the world of Malifaux, seek your fortune in this fast paced and brutal 32mm tabletop miniature skirmish game. Assemble your crew and stake your claim!

Redcar Ironbeards
Capture the Port - WW2 game using Rapid Fire rules.  The Americans are deployed in a layered defence setup with the objective of stopping the opposition breaking through the defences and capturing the bridge linking the town to the port facility.

Society of 20th C. Wargamers
Rif War 1921 - Visitors take on the role of a Spanish Colonial officer tasked with completing randomly chosen missions in the Rif mountains.  Played in a Pony Wars style against a randomly generated enemy, suitable for multiple players.

Wargames in the Dungeon
Find the Halfling: Lord of the Rings game using Dragon Rampant rules.  Based on the Battle of Amon Hen.

Westerhope Wargames Group
A WW2 participation game as a US carrier tries to survivie a Japanese air attack!

DISPLAY

Brompton Bankers
Toy Town Wars - A HOTT game using Eureka Toy Town soldiers range.  Queen Gertrude IX with guards, infantry and cavalry armies, will be defending her realm against the French, German and Russian armies.

Durham Raiders
The Horus Heresy - An expansion of the Warhammer 40,000 rules, set in the 31st millennium in the legendary era of the Horus Heresy, as Space Marines fight Space Marines for control of the galaxy.

Durham Wargames Group
1866 in Bohemia - Large 28mm reconstruction of Skalitz, one of the battles of the Austro-Prussian wars, to coincide with the 150th anniversary of the battle.

Generals & Kings
WWI - A 28mm WWI game showing the final German offensives of 1918.

iacta alea est
Steer Two Points Closer to the Enemy! - Showing the Battle of Jutland on 31st May 1916, using the 1966 Avalon Hill game which was released to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the battle.

Independent Wargames Group
28mm American Civil War game, using the new 'Glory Hallelujah!' rules.

Independent Wargames Group
Blood on the Nile - A 10mm Sudan game using Black Powder rules.

Old Guard Wargames Club
A 28mm Roman Civil War game, using 'To The Strongest' rules.

Stafford and District Wargames
A 10mm Marlburian game using Pendraken figures!

Tyneside Wargames Club
Battle of Cannae - Using 10mm figures!

It's not long until the show now, so we hope to see some of you there!

http://www.battlegroundshow.co.uk/
https://www.facebook.com/BattlegroundShow/

paulr

Very very jealous of all the attendees

Best of luck to all
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

Looks like a good line up. Wish i could attend

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory