Battleground 2016!

Started by Leon, 25 August 2016, 12:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

=D> <:-P

Looks a good selection of games.
Though I'm now dreading being roped into playing in a few, since I know people running them. Totally ruins my miserable sod image  [-(

I'm going to be a normal show-goer this time, so I s'pose I'll have to pay this year to get in  :'(

:)
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

fred.

Quote from: Techno on 20 September 2016, 08:13:22 AM
I turn left 99% of the time when I leave the house.

The right turn is a really horrid wiggly-windy' road which I avoid, as much as possible.
Only go that way, to meet the library van, once a month.  :D

Cheers - Phil

I turn left 100% of the time when I leave the house, otherwise I fall over the fence into next door.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I turn right, or I'm in my garage, which only has one door!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

I always turn left - it's a one way st.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

Quote from: Techno on 20 September 2016, 08:13:22 AM
I turn left 99% of the time when I leave the house.

Well there's your problem right there!

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

Having been sent round some very tiny wriggle roads down your end Techno, I can sympathise! The sat-nav had a habit of deciding we wanted to see "scenic" routes and sending us either along coastal routes you couldn't get a moped down, or through the firing range at awkward times of the day ;)

Nice views and cool rally driving mind ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno

When Meirion popped over to see me.....I sent him 'non sat-nav' instructions how to get to Techno Towers.
From where he was staying, it's a fairly straightforward drive......As long as you don't take the 'short cuts' the sat-nav will give you.

Those are OK(ish) if you know the area.....But if not..... ;D ;D ;D ;D (I certainly don't use the short cuts.....They take longer, anyway.)

Rallying ?.......We get one of those past us, every year, early morning, late in Autumn (They always warn us though.)

It's surprised me that there's never been a bad accident. Though they very occasionally take a lump out of the stone walls that border the roads.

Cheers - Phil

toxicpixie

It was more ME rallying than other drivers, all felt a bit like I'd stepped into a very realistic and awkward driving sim :D

After the first years visit you get to know which is the bad route and avoid them ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Shutuphippie

Am really looking forward to the show. The stafford and district crew will probably travel up on the Friday. Any good hotels close by? Any recommendations of a good curry house as well? 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Quote from: Shutuphippie on 22 September 2016, 08:15:59 PM
Am really looking forward to the show. The stafford and district crew will probably travel up on the Friday. Any good hotels close by? Any recommendations of a good curry house as well? 😀

There's a Premier Inn only a mile away, where a lot of the traders stay: http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/county-durham/stockton-on-tees/stockton-on-teesmiddlesbrough.html?cid=GLBC_MIDTAL  The prices are usually quite reasonable, around £30-£35 per night.  There's a restaurant next door to it, or there's a whole variety of restaurants just over the A66 in Teesside Park.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Shutuphippie

Quote from: Leon on 22 September 2016, 08:52:41 PM
There's a Premier Inn only a mile away, where a lot of the traders stay: http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/county-durham/stockton-on-tees/stockton-on-teesmiddlesbrough.html?cid=GLBC_MIDTAL  The prices are usually quite reasonable, around £30-£35 per night.  There's a restaurant next door to it, or there's a whole variety of restaurants just over the A66 in Teesside Park.

Thx leon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

We've just launched the Event page for this year's show on Facebook, so please share it around your friends: https://www.facebook.com/events/111918869279580/

And in other news, the entry wristbands have arrived!

http://www.battlegroundshow.co.uk/
https://www.facebook.com/BattlegroundShow/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Womble67

They look good. Wish i could attend

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

I am promising myself a visit next year. Unfortunately finances won't take the strain this year as it will mean a couple of nights overnight.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

Quote from: Leman on 24 October 2016, 07:28:38 AM
I am promising myself a visit next year.

We can fit you in for a game as well if you'd be up for it?