Battleground 2016!

Started by Leon, 25 August 2016, 12:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

25 August 2016, 12:16:26 AM Last Edit: 25 August 2016, 12:18:37 AM by Leon

It's getting close to that time of year again, as Battleground 2016 takes place on Saturday November 26th, at the Queen's Campus Sports Hall in Stockton-on-Tees, TS17 6BH, running from 10am until 3pm.  

This show is organised and run by Pendraken Miniatures with help from Middlesbrough Gamers Club.

Entry to the show is only £3 for adults, with free entry for the rest of the family.

Currently we're looking to have 37 traders attending, but there may be one or two changes to last year's lineup.  We'll have all of the traders confirmed by October and we'll update at that point.  A current list of the expected traders can be found here: http://www.battlegroundshow.co.uk/#!traders/c24i2

This year we're expanding the games section of the show, as well as increasing the number of participation games on offer.  We're waiting on the final details of some of our games, so we'll keep updating the lists here: http://www.battlegroundshow.co.uk/#!games/c19qp

We've always enjoyed having living history groups at our event, with the Durham Pals and 68th DLI returning for 2016.  We've also added the Lonestar re-enactment group to this year's event, bringing a selection of 8th Cavalry equipment for people to look at and try on.

Last year's Tabletop Sale was a great success and was fully booked up all day long.  For only £1 per half hour slot, you can sell as much as you like, with no commission at all!  You can deal directly with the buyers, answer any questions they may have, and also keep an eye on your goods. Once your time is up (or better still, you've sold everything!), you can walk away, cash in hand, and enjoy the rest of the show!  This year we'll try and add a couple more tables, but please make sure to book in early if you can.  Bookings can be made through the contact section of the website: http://www.battlegroundshow.co.uk/#!contact/cn3p

As well as the main Battleground website here: http://www.battlegroundshow.co.uk/ you can also follow our Facebook page for the latest updates: https://www.facebook.com/BattlegroundShow?ref=hl

Don't forget to tell your friends about the event and we hope to see you there!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

mart678

Hi Leon

No to bad only 314.2 Miles and 6hours and 24 minutes to get there and same to get home  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

jimduncanuk

Quote from: mart678 on 25 August 2016, 07:08:25 PM

No to bad only 314.2 Miles and 6hours and 24 minutes to get there and same to get home  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

A mere 157.8 miles for me and just under 3 hours on the road.

Where are you coming from? The Moon?

My Ego forbids a signature.

Westmarcher

So. We'll see you there, Mart?

[3 Hours 26 minutes by car for me. 10 hours 5 minutes by train and bus. Nearly December .... er ..... probably no ...... still, if I can persuade Mrs Westie ...... ]
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

mart678

Sorry just been informed by the Boss I mean darling wife I will be doing what all Welshmen should Selling Sheep  ;D ;D ;D ;D

As you can see my wife could sell sand to the Arabs also spot the imposter  :-\ :-\

Leman

You'll have to have a word with Mr. Maahyor about that. [Sorry folks - meaningless if you weren't around in the fifties]
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: mart678 on 26 August 2016, 12:33:38 PM
Sorry just been informed by the Boss I mean darling wife I will be doing what all Welshmen should Stealing Sheep  ;D ;D ;D ;D

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Quote from: Leman on 26 August 2016, 02:11:42 PM
You'll have to have a word with Mr. Maahyor about that. [Sorry folks - meaningless if you weren't around in the fifties]

No they repeated the survivors on 7/4Extra fairly recently.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Roy

Definitely going. My favourite show of the year, if I'm honest. Not too big, nor too small. Good venue with good facilities. Good selection of games and traders. Also it doesn't hurt your feet to walk around the place as the floor is wooden and it being all in one place there's no trekking around to find things. The organisers are easy to find and willing to help you out, should you need them, too.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Leon

20 September 2016, 12:25:11 AM #9 Last Edit: 08 November 2016, 12:22:52 AM by Leon
The games for this year's show are filling up nicely, so far we've got the following booked in:

PARTICIPATION

Consett Tabletop Gamers Society
Chase the Exec-Wing: A fast paced multi-player game based on Fantasy Flight's popular X-Wing, where a squadron of Ties is tasked with hunting down a single X-Wing flown by one of our team.

AND

Great Escape - Based on the current Warhammer 40k system, this game puts players in charge of a handful of survivors as they await extraction to a new safe haven.  The human survivors will have to hold on to their extraction point for a set time with only limited ammo against random squads of alien/daemon/traitor/undead enemies.

Durham Raiders
Something To Do With Dice - Spaghetti Western inspired Wild West skirmish game.

Guisborough Gamers
Sands of the Sudan - A good dusting in the Sudan, can you relieve the garrison in time?

Malifaux
Based in an alternate Earth, Malifaux uses gothic, steampunk, and victorian horror with a dose of the wild west to inject fun and depth into the magical lawlessness of a world rife with monsters, necropunks, man-machine hybrids, gunslingers, and powerhungry politicos. Actively using character-driven stories to define the world of Malifaux, seek your fortune in this fast paced and brutal 32mm tabletop miniature skirmish game. Assemble your crew and stake your claim!

Redcar Ironbeards
Capture the Port - WW2 game using Rapid Fire rules.  The Americans are deployed in a layered defence setup with the objective of stopping the opposition breaking through the defences and capturing the bridge linking the town to the port facility.

Society of 20th C. Wargamers
Rif War 1921 - Visitors take on the role of a Spanish Colonial officer tasked with completing randomly chosen missions in the Rif mountains.  Played in a Pony Wars style against a randomly generated enemy, suitable for multiple players.

Wargames in the Dungeon
Find the Halfling: Lord of the Rings game using Dragon Rampant rules.  Based on the Battle of Amon Hen.

Westerhope Wargames Group
A WW2 participation game as a US carrier tries to survivie a Japanese air attack!

DISPLAY

Brompton Bankers
Toy Town Wars - A HOTT game using Eureka Toy Town soldiers range.  Queen Gertrude IX with guards, infantry and cavalry armies, will be defending her realm against the French, German and Russian armies.

Durham Wargames Group
1866 in Bohemia - Large 28mm reconstruction of one of the battles of the Austro-Prussian was to coincide with the 150th anniversary of the battle.

Independent Wargames Group
Blood on the Nile - A 10mm Sudan game using Black Powder rules.

Stafford and District Wargames
A 10mm Marlburian game using Pendraken figures!

Tyneside Wargames Club
Battle of Cannae - Using 10mm figures!

More details to come, so keep an eye out for further details: http://www.battlegroundshow.co.uk/games
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Impressive looking list :)

Particularly when compared to our colonial fare ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 25 August 2016, 07:14:52 PM
A mere 157.8 miles for me and just under 3 hours on the road.

You think you've got it tough?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 25 August 2016, 07:14:52 PM

According to the map, Techno Towers is 294 miles from Middlesbrough.......Mart lives another 20 or so miles further away.  :(

Cheers - Phil

fsn

Well don't turn left as you go out the house.

:P
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

I turn left 99% of the time when I leave the house.

The right turn is a really horrid wiggly-windy' road which I avoid, as much as possible.
Only go that way, to meet the library van, once a month.  :D

Cheers - Phil