19th Century bands

Started by cameronian, 23 August 2016, 12:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subedai

Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Those look great. 8)

Cheers - Phil

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D>

Hardly "feeble efforts", you shouldn't be afraid to blow your own trumpet  ;) ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

cameronian

160 bandsmen winging their way to Fernando, very simple headgear conversions (with a file) have produced Austrain Bands (original) Prussian Bands (in Jaeger green) French Bands and Saxon bands, going to use them to indicate formation attrition (FOB 2 rules) easier than keeping a chit and less prone to 'mistakes'.
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Leon

Excellent, I'll look forward to seeing some pics of those at some point!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

As a FOB2 player I find that idea intriguing.  How do you actually intend to use them for formation attrition?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

cameronian

I have based everything to fit in with my modified FOB 2 system, each base represents 3 integrity points, for every 3 point loss of integrity I replace a normal base with a distressed one, it has fewer figures and a few casualties on the ground. For each 3 integrity point loss I remove one bandsman from the band base (the band base depends on nationality, Austrians, Saxons and when we do the FPW, Bavarians will have one band per brigade; depending on how many bases the brigade has determines the number of bandsmen, an Austrian brigade has 18 bases including the brigade battery, so that translates into six bandsmen, a Saxon brigade has 14 bases so we give them 5 bandsmen. The Prussians and the French will have divisional bands of between 11 and 12 figures.
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Leman

Sounds like a great idea. Usually find keeping track of the divisions and brigades gets forgotten about during play.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

cameronian

Indeed, hence the bandsmen  :D

cameronian

12 March 2017, 01:19:44 PM #41 Last Edit: 12 March 2017, 01:21:43 PM by cameronian
Hope this works.  Was in  two minds re the bandsmen, each figure represents 3 integrity points, lose three lose a bandsman, dice on leadership card for outcome when depleted. Mounted them initially - front bases, then thought how much easier to base with brigade command figure - back Austrian base. Back base not properly flocked yet, comments please(should have pointed out on magnetic bases).

www.flickr.com/photos/55665103@N03/

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Questions like this should be banned!

Good work chap.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Fenton

I was going to suggest a good one would have been Johann' The Jive' Strauss and the Waltzettes
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Didn't think there were any bands till after the Beatles in the 1960's....
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021