Border Reiver 2016

Started by jimduncanuk, 23 August 2016, 12:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimduncanuk

23 August 2016, 12:28:59 AM Last Edit: 24 August 2016, 09:37:11 PM by Leon
Anyone going?

I'll be there unless the NHS wants to adjust my inner workings again.

https://sites.google.com/site/borderreiverswargamessociety/Home/border-reivers-show

Jim

My Ego forbids a signature.

skywalker

Jim,
I will be there.
Our club, Redcar Ironbeards are doing a 28mm ancient battle at the show and hopefully I'll get some time to chat with people

:D :D :D

Jim Ando

Hi
I'll be there. We're putting on a 28mm french indo china game on.

Jim

archdukek

I'll be there helping to run the Falkirk Club's Sharp Practice French & Indian War game. You should come over and roll some dice.
John

Nosher

Jealous of you guys up north with so many decent shows withing bow range :(
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

skywalker

Well the area has been described by the politicians as the "Northern Powerhouse" but I don't think they meant wargaming  ;D ;D ;D ;D

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Nosher on 24 August 2016, 12:11:34 PM
Jealous of you guys up north with so many decent shows withing bow range :(

I'm in Edinburgh so I get to Claymore, Carronade in Falkirk, Albanich in Dumfries, Skelp in Forfar, Targe in Kirriemuir, Border Reiver in Gateshead, Battleground in Middlesbrough, Vapnartak in York and Phoenix in Cumbria. These are mostly within 2 hours drive but a couple are around 4 hours.

I don't get to the 'big shows' like Salute, Colours, Triples or any of the Partizans. You can see why I don't need to.

I also usually go to Crisis in Antwerp each year (8 times in the last 12 years) so I do get to one 'big show'. Nice beer there.

Leon

Just a reminder for folks, we'll need any pre-orders for this one by close of play on Saturday please.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Bodvoc

'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Roy

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

howayman

I will be there, hopefully.
Its my closest local show.

Techno

Was it any good ?.....
No-one's said yet.

Cheers - Phil

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Techno on 06 September 2016, 03:54:16 PM

Was it any good ?.....
No-one's said yet.

Yes, it was. I've been tied up ever since, been to two parties, Sat and Sun, Hospital on Monday, home today.

Might blog something later.

jimduncanuk

Westmarcher

Thanks for the link, Jim (and to Herkybird). Loads of photos.

Not that I know anyone down there (or anywhere) however I did recognise one gamer, Slimreidy's "arch-enemy" - his dad(!) (in the Dave Lanchester Books photo).
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.