You Tube finds

Started by fsn, 20 August 2016, 12:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Wargaming for mental health!?

Cheek!

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

paulr

Quote from: fsn on 16 January 2021, 06:28:08 PM
Wargaming for mental health!?

Cheek!

Wargaming certainly helped my mental health in 2020, something 'productive' and interesting to focus on
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

I know. Keeps me in a state of stability, but to make a film about it is a bit caddish.

Westmarcher

Not wargaming but still YouTube. Lately YT has been 'offering' me videos about bad driving, sometimes narrowly avoiding an accident, others with a slight bump (bloody cheek!). There was one where, on a Dual Carriageway immediately before a Roundabout, a woman in an Audi dangerously cuts into the inside lane in front of an HGV (Heavy Goods Vehicle) and brakes. Of course, she is in an Audi but the HGV is not as nimble when it comes to suddenly slowing down, especially if someone cuts into your 'safe space' at the last second, and so, inevitably there was a bump. The drivers get out to exchange details and, to spare the woman's blushes, her face has been blurred.

In the comments section below, one of the commentators said, "I think I've met that woman on a night out."   ;D ;D ;D 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Raider4

Urgh, be careful watching car videos. Your 'suggestions' page is suddenly awash with videos by Jeremy Clarkson and his ilk.

I currently tend to have a 'slow TV' type of video running on the tablet - either a train/cab ride (Saalbahnhof, AUNZ RAILFAN, Don Coffey), or a canal journey (Cruising the Cut UK), or an American truckride (Big Rig Travels).

mmcv

May have been shared before, stumbled across it a whole back but only gotten around to working through it recently, The Great War channel on YouTube taking the war week to week in real time (or at least did from 2014 onwards, 100 years on)

https://youtube.com/c/TheGreatWarSeries

Also has a number of specials and side episodes covering various aspects of the war.

jimduncanuk

Have a look at this from a toy soldier show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aLSy6dBRv4

I gave it a comment on the poor rendering of the Union flags which in some cases were upside down.

I got a 'LIKE'. Never had that before.

These models are either produced for commercial gain so should be accurate or are personal presentations from a collector who should know better.

Jim
My Ego forbids a signature.

Raider4

Panzerkampfwagen V Panther Start-up:

fsn

Rather hope it would play a tune.

fsn

We should have trained a special troop of Commando to go and steal their starter keys.

Raider4

German engineering: "Yeah, we found this 70-year old tank, started first time".

Was a bit worrying when the engine finally caught, and it shifted forward slightly. Luckily it didn't jump backwards . . .

pierre the shy

Not sure how this ISU-152 came to be sitting in a field in a village for 60+ years but somewhat amazingly it does start after some not so gentle persuasion! 

Its a big piece of kit!

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Steve J

That is a big bit of kit for sure! Interesting to see how the soil had started to cover the tracks, or it had started to sink, probaby a combination of both.

Techno II

Quote from: pierre the shy on 14 March 2021, 08:35:32 AM
Not sure how this ISU-152 came to be sitting in a field in a village for 60+ years but somewhat amazingly it does start after some not so gentle persuasion! 

How on Earth does a battery hold any sort of charge for 60 years ? Or did they 'jump start' it ?......(I didn't watch the whole clip)

I assume even tanks/tank destroyers had some sort of battery to fire up a diesel (?) motor.

(I suppose they made things properly, back in those days.)

Cheers - Phil  ;)