You Tube finds

Started by fsn, 20 August 2016, 12:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

In the video it is very effective. I was hoping that they would show some one in a plain uniform in the similar places to get an idea of how effective the camo was, versus just hiding behind trees.

It was very good when the guy moved, then stopped, he very quickly blended in again.

One of the comments on the video suggests that the large hood really helped, as it breaks up the outline of the person, I guess making them more bush like. I did find it funny that the next linked you tube video was one about how to camouflage your face - for this video, I would be very surprised if what they were doing make much difference over any disruptive pattern over the face, at the likely range you would be seeing (or not seeing) the hiding person. 
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

toxicpixie

Have you seen the current Israeli army headgear?

Looks like a floppy bakers/chefs hat.

Looks ridiculous and works brilliantly - completely messes up the shape of the helmet & head into something the human eye just skips past as if it was a natural object!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Oh dear, Matt. Oh dear.

Why is a Fokker DR1 is like a window furnishing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z25T-s0gu8M
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

That's the one, and the gif is about my first reaction to it as well!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Wulf

I'm trying to find a YouTube video of a parade of Russian/Soviet WWII era tanks, some if not all replicas - there's a T-35, some T-34s, etc. - passing through a town. Anyone have the link? I thought it was on this thread but I don't see it...

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Wulf

Ah, facebook, thank you  :-bd

Redstef

Footage from the Somme 1916 superimposed over the same spot 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuz0BA3-_P0
"From each according to ability, to each according to need" Karl Marx.............I really need those figures

2015 Painting Competition - People's Choice!
2016 Painting Competition - 3 x Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 4 x Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner, 1 x Runner-Up!

paulr

A poignant painstaking project
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Without a doubt !

Cheers - Phil

KTravlos

I uploaded two videos from my recent trip to Athens which members might find interesting

1. The normal change of the Evzone Guard at the monument of the unknown soldier

https://youtu.be/7t__ha_HVtA?list=PL7qM1ZYRwV_C3QfLB1C64yJmNvQSEGB-b

2. The assembly hall of the old parliament building.

https://youtu.be/gVd2vgu2hVA?list=PL7qM1ZYRwV_C3QfLB1C64yJmNvQSEGB-b

With Respect
Konstantinos Travlos

d_Guy

Thanks KT!
Watching the changing of the guard I was struck by the grace and balance required (not to mention remembering the complex choreography). The pigeons are apparently used to the whole thing.

The black rock / white rock voting system would not work here in the States - they would be hurled at the opposition instead.  ;)
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

d_Guy

Where to put this?  :-\ There are several threads certainly -OR- I could start a new thread - as I've done in previous years to celebrate this event. Certain areas of discourse in recent years, however, no longer engender the gut busting humor or playful bonhommie they once did.
So I shall Bogart this thread - created by a poster who can still make me snort morning coffee out through my nose! Even if I didn't paint 10mm or even wargame, I would come hear just to read the musings of Centurion Felix Septinius Novus (and his merry band of trolls and derailers). "Sure that was football?" Indeed!!  ;D

So now, with most of our former overlords abed, I give you:

Glorious 4th!
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Well, I was not expecting that! Happy 5th Of July Bill!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner