You Tube finds

Started by fsn, 20 August 2016, 12:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

There's a scenario here, isn't there?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

The best part was when it appeared three guys going to pull the tank onto the trailer by hand.
...and whose artillery do you suppose that was?
Sleep with clean hands ...

fsn

In those days 3 good British Tommies could pull a tank.

They had a lot of practice with broken down vehicles.  :(

As to the artillery, I'm quite sure it was a display of pyrotechnics whipped up for the event.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Westmarcher

Quote from: fsn on 22 June 2017, 07:38:59 AM

As to the artillery, I'm quite sure it was a display of pyrotechnics whipped up for the event.

Looked that way to me, too.  :)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

toxicpixie

Ahhhh, the Crusader in it's natural habitat. The Light Aid Detachment trying to get it sent back depot...

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Westmarcher

A birthday gift for fsn. Reminds me of the time when I was 15 and stayed with a Danish family for a week or so. One of the sons, who was doing his national service and home on leave, was assigned to a tank battalion equipped with Centurions. He must be about age 66 now. Wonder if still gets involved in the kind of stuff shown on the video? Whilst he liked the Centurion, he was quite excited about the fact that they were scheduled to be replaced with Leopards. Looking at the video, I was quite surprised to see that the Centurion actually appears taller than the Leopard 1. Anyway, Happy Birthday, Nobby ..... whenever that is ..... next leap year?

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

toxicpixie

The Leopard is *much* smaller than the Centurion all around (although about as wide?) - it's only four fifths the weight, too! Was supposed to be a smallish, fast and fairly cheap MBT emphasising firepower and mobility over armour and conventional protection. Given how many of each were built it's pretty much a toss up as to which was the better approach :D

Good video, bit exercise heavy for me, think I'll stick to toy soldier sized ones ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

d_Guy

Only got to watch the beginning of the video.  Do the Leopards have muzzle loading cannon also?

Westmarcher

:D

..... but, funnily enough, the gun is a smooth bore.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Only in Leo II, the 1's carry the L7, definitely riffled
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

:'(
There's lovely! Thank you Westie.

cameronian

Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

d_Guy

Terry37

Yes, very nice and mind opening. Can you imagine the poor Austrian horse artillerymen in the Napoleonic wars!!!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams