You Tube finds

Started by fsn, 20 August 2016, 12:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

Quote from: fsn on 25 March 2017, 08:35:04 PM
Interesting to think about when gaming naval bombardment.

Juno, If I were air arm,  I wouldn't be able to remeber all of that without notes - even the briefing officer had notes!

Per Paul, I did noticed that a few of the officers had, what I've been led to believe, Runcornian accents!
Sleep with clean hands ...

paulr

;D ;D ;D

I must admit to a similar thought about the accents but I fear we may both have been lead astray ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

"Lead astray" - meaning the Pb has been turned into figures of a period you aren't interested in?  ;D
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fsn

No, no. Here in Runcorn we all go around calling each other "good chaps" - me and Pongo and Binky and the other fellows.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

paulr

I particularly liked Guns report to the Captain that the pilot got over excited and didn't report in the proper format ;) ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Well, one doesn't like to comment, but I fear the pilot may have been from ... Widnes.  They're awfully prone to emotional outbursts.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

d_Guy

Once again demonstrating the quality of Mersey.
Sleep with clean hands ...

FierceKitty

Quote from: d_Guy on 27 March 2017, 01:56:40 PM
Once again demonstrating the quality of Mersey.

I can't take the strain.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Once upon a time there was a lady called Marcy.

Marcy had two great passions in her life, speciality teas and breeding koalas.

Learning of Kopi Luwak or civet coffee as it's also known, a coffee made with the faeces of civets fed on coffee beans, she decided to combine her passions and create a speciality tea.

To drink her tea you will need a teacup and saucer, milk, sugar and a teaspoon but not a tea strainer because ....

The Koala Tea of Marcy is not strained.

;)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fsn

I think, Sir, that this is your coat. May I suggest you don it outside the establishment?

Techno

Well done, Nobby !

Don't worry about cleaning the next one.

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

But the Mersey is well strained - got to get the Manc tea leaves out o it.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: Westmarcher on 17 March 2017, 03:20:38 PM
Well highlighted, fsn. Whilst the Javelin is a very capable system for knocking out armour (even helicopters at a pinch), at approx. $150,000 a missile, is a tad extravagant for knocking out most bunkers, etc.   At approx. $25,000 a tube and between $500 and $3,000(?) a shot, in my opinion, there's definitely a case for the British Army re-introducing the Carl Gustav, not to replace but to supplement the Javelin re-usable system and the NLAW [2014 prices]. Here is the latest version:-

Crickey, I used to fire (very infrequently) and lug about (much more frequently) the Charlie G.
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Westmarcher

More and more armies appear to be favouring this type of artillery system over tracked systems mainly due to acquisition and ongoing maintenance costs. The loading process is fascinating. Hail Caesar! 

However, I still prefer the Swedish Archer artillery system (which is probably more expensive, methinks; otherwise the Danes may well be acquiring this instead).

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.