10mm buildings....resin or paper

Started by acctingman, 17 August 2016, 08:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leman

But go it anyway. 6mm buildings look fine with 10mm figures and give a smaller footprint, viz:

Some of those shown are paper as well and have seen active service over the past 20 years. They seem to do ok once they are based.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

I'm beginning to get a little worried about Ithoriel's obsession with Wendy. He is rumoured to be shadowing her.

toxicpixie

I think he's actually just interested in her house. He is an estate agent or double glazing salesman, right?
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

Whatever he is, his ideas should be panned.

Ithoriel

You know what they say, small houses, small ... minds :P

Just looks weird to me.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

I normally use the correct scale houses but cannot see a problem with  having houses a scale smaller works well, particularly for big battles, otherwise the villages, farms can be to close to each other.

So I suppose you could say I am in both camps

Perhaps Ithoriel needs to have "big houses" in the same way some men need "big cars" :)

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

I need my houses and .... cars in proper proportion ;)

mollinary

Quote from: Ithoriel on 18 August 2016, 08:04:26 PM
I need my houses and .... cars in proper proportion ;)

But not the number of men in your units?  We all make compromises somewhere - leaving aside your cars  :D. How big are your houses on the horizontal scale?

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Quote from: mollinary on 18 August 2016, 08:07:08 PM
But not the number of men in your units?  We all make compromises somewhere - leaving aside your cars  :D. How big are your houses on the horizontal scale?

Mollinary

That's pretty much my argument in a nutshell. If your battalions are 24 figures strong then a single house model is a village of around 30 - 40 buildings.

So, 10mm figures, 10mm houses. 6mm figures, 6mm houses. 28mm figures ... too big, way too expensive and take up too much room on table and off :) 

mollinary

Interesting!  I could no more have a single building represent a village than I could have a single figure represent a battalion.  Each to their own.  A propos of nothing, how tall are your trees, and how many make a wood?   :-\

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Trees are ... tree sized. Anything from 15' or so up to 100' to scale normally.

One tree is a small copse, several trees are a wood.

Simples

Leman

Just can't seem to get him Hooked on small houses, the little Tinker!