Coming out of the closet?

Started by Nosher, 16 August 2016, 03:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Quote from: Dave on 19 August 2016, 10:30:00 AM

3. What is your significant others attitude towards your addiction?

Shes okay with it, it got bad when I took figures away on holiday to paint, that caused a lot of trouble :-[

Dave

I have to say Mrs Orcs is a bit of a Unicorrn.  I get told to "sort out what your bringing to paint" when we go on holiday.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

d_Guy

Quote from: ianrs54 on 19 August 2016, 07:07:35 AM
That dammed Yank Webster has much to answer for.....

IanS
This guy!?
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Leman

Never take figures on holiday. It's supposed to be a break from routine, not just from work. I never even took figures to university to paint; so many other things to do there.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Subedai

Me neither for the same reasons as Leman. Never went to uni but when I was working in Oxford -early 80's- I managed to paint the majority of a 15mm ECW Parliamentarian army. Still have them all as well.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Dave

Quote from: Leman on 19 August 2016, 01:55:23 PM
Never take figures on holiday. It's supposed to be a break from routine, not just from work. I never even took figures to university to paint; so many other things to do there.

For the break was from casting!!!!!!! :D

dave

Dave

Techno

fsn

Quote from: Dave on 02 September 2016, 10:42:09 AM
For the break was from casting!!!!!!! :D

CASTING? Are you doing a Pendraken Film? I'd be very good as the male lead, you know. I have experience.  :-[

I suggest Jane Horrocks as Leon, Catherine Jenkins as Techno, Karen Gillan as Westmarcher, and Anne Hatahaway as the new member on the forum who has a love of British armour of the post WWII era, tanks, but doesn't know how to express it.

I may have a script here somewhere ...

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Matt J

just to go back onto topic.......

I was at a party the other night with friends and I'm quite a chilled out relaxed guy I don't drink, smoke, drugs or many vices. Everyone else was discussing their own secret vices and indulgences and excesses, bad moods etc. Everyone looked at me and 'well Matt you must have some vices or dark secrets' I replied 'not really'. Then they looked to my darling wife who by this time had had a few drinks. I thought she is going to mention I like painting mini men or playing with toy soldiers which is going to open a raft of awkward questions and possible piss taking. I started to sweat slightly and shuffle uncomfortably.

She smiled looked at me and said very loudly 'SEX, he's an absolute bugger for it, always wants it'.

I was soo relieved..........
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

skywalker

Techno

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 02 September 2016, 11:29:34 AM
CASTING? Are you doing a Pendraken Film? I'd be very good as the male lead, you know. I have experience.  :-[

I suggest Jane Horrocks as Leon, Catherine Jenkins as Techno, Karen Gillan as Westmarcher, and Anne Hatahaway as the new member on the forum who has a love of British armour of the post WWII era, tanks, but doesn't know how to express it.

I may have a script here somewhere ...

I think you might find the pages a bit difficult to separate !  :-& :-&
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.