WWI Tractors and Morser released!

Started by Leon, 14 August 2016, 12:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

These have been working their way through the moulding queue for a while now, as there's a few parts involved in some of them and we wanted to make sure they were easy to assemble.  First up we've got a pair of Austrian tractors, manufactured by Austro-Daimler.  The M12 was produced before the war began and was put to use towing the Skoda 30.5cm Morsers.  By 1916 the army were looking for a better tractor to do this job, so the M17 was brought into service instead.  Whilst exact production numbers are not known, some of these M17's were used by the German army as well, so could be put to dual use on your tables.

We've also got the aforementioned 30.5cm howitzers, in both deployed and towed versions, with the deployed gun coming supplied with a set of crew.  We've also added it to the WWII German range where we'll supply it with WWII crew.

WWI
Austro-Hungarian - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/World-War-I-c17/Austro-Hungarian-sc105/
AH17    Skoda 30.5cm Morser M11 gun, deployed with crew (1)    £3.00
AH18    Austro-Daimler M12 tractor    £3.00
AH19    Austro-Daimler M17 tractor    £3.00
AH20    Skoda 30.5cm Morser M11 gun, dismantled with 3 transport trailers    £4.95

And the pics:

AH17 - 30.5cm Morser, deployed

AH18 - Austro-Daimler M12

AH19 - Austro-Daimler M17

AH20 - 30.5cm Morser, towed
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Leman

I'll be looking for some of those to hold back the Russian steamroller.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Dave

Quote from: Leman on 14 August 2016, 09:03:38 AM
I'll be looking for some of those to hold back the Russian steamroller.

The towed morser will be separate bagged for each trailer to keep it easy for assembly :D

Dave

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

14 August 2016, 07:18:40 PM #5 Last Edit: 14 August 2016, 08:11:26 PM by Just a few Orcs
Quote from: fsn on 14 August 2016, 05:05:10 PM
Remember that, folks. "Easy to assemble".

That statement goes with "the cheque is in the post" and " I won't .........."

Joking aside they are really nice models
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Subedai

Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

fred.

Very nice, what would be used to tow the mortar? Would all 3 parts be town together, or by separate vehicles?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Ithoriel

The WW2 German incarnations appear to have been split into 2 loads (barrel and carriage) each pulled by an SdKfz 8 halftrack.

The WW1 versions appear to have been drawn by a single vehicle

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fred.

Ta, the WWI tractor must have been very powerful (though presumably slow!) to shift all that lot - and all the crew men!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

mart678

The tractor could pull the whole gun and carry the creww :D

Steve J

Lovely work and would fit in nicely with my AVBCW stuff :)

mart678

The Gun was used by the Czech Army pre WW2 the Yugoslavian as well and the Germans then used them in Sevastopol and I think Lenningrad

JeffNNN

Any chance of an exploded (pardon the pun) picture of the firing version to help assembly?

Orcs

Quote from: JeffNNN on 09 October 2016, 09:01:38 PM
Any chance of an exploded (pardon the pun) picture of the firing version to help assembly?

No you better half requested that Leon remove it, apparently your not allowed to buy any more war-games models until its correctly assembled and painted. Thus ensuring no more orders for some time.  :)

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson