WWII revamps and releases - Shermans, SU's and more!

Started by Leon, 13 August 2016, 11:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

I love the Schneider A/C.

Will you be doing any more Amphibious vehicles?  I really like those

Ithoriel

Quote from: holdfast on 18 August 2016, 07:15:02 PM
All very well, but there ought to be a health warning that indicates that scale creep has happened in these cases. One buys the stuff in good faith.  Given the size difference  and the numbers involved I would have chosen the compatible models ahead of the slightly crisperbut less compatible ones.

In the circumstances and given Pendraken's normally excellent customer service, it might be worth having a quiet word with Leon and seeing if something can be worked out.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

All very well, but there ought to be a health warning that indicates that scale creep has happened in these cases. One buys the stuff in good faith.  Given the size difference  and the numbers involved I would have chosen the compatible models ahead of the slightly crisperbut less compatible ones.

It's not really scale creep though, more replacing old models with better quality and correctly scaled ones.  It's the same as replacing older figure ranges with better sculpts, we're always trying to put out the best product we can.

We can swap them over you if you like, it's no problem at all.  Let me know or drop me an email and we can sort that out.

Quote from: Duckman on 18 August 2016, 07:22:56 PM
Will you be doing any more Amphibious vehicles?  I really like those

Nothing planned at the moment unfortunately, it's not something we've had many requests for.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

petercooman

Quote from: Ithoriel on 18 August 2016, 05:34:53 PM
I have the new Tiger and its a real chunk of metal, love it.

"Heavy Panzer on the prowl" - for those, like me, who played way too much Company of Heroes

Don't happen to have a comparison pic next to the old tiger do you? pretty please  8->

Ithoriel

Don't have the new one even assembled and the old ones are only part painted but here's a couple of images.

Noticeably bigger in these pictures, less so once on the table, I suspect.

The 3 older versions are going to be my Tiger company, the new one will be a mothership for one on my Goliath teams.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Dave

All the older models are still available and will not be dropped from sales to cater for people such as yourself who have already invested, once the new website comes we will list them separately for this very eventuality, its not scale creep as such as some of the initially vehicles were made undersize and we had errors on shape, the other big problem the designer does not do any design work anymore.  Also we have to try and keep our models current with other manufacturers - you have probably seen the comments on a on line blog comparing the tank destroyer with other ranges and being undersize for example - plus customer feedback.  All these we have to take into consideration.

None of this have we gone into lightly, some of the lads on the forum can support this as we have discussed it at shows.

Dave

Ithoriel

You can please all of the customers some of the time, some of the customers all of the time but you can't please all of the customers all of the time :)

Wulf

"We don't want accuracy, we want consistent inaccuracy!"

...er...nope...  ;D

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

21 August 2016, 08:15:27 PM #25 Last Edit: 21 August 2016, 08:40:35 PM by Just a few Orcs
All very well, but there ought to be a health warning that indicates that scale creep has happened in these cases. One buys the stuff in good faith.  Given the size difference  and the numbers involved I would have chosen the compatible models ahead of the slightly crisperbut less compatible ones.

Quote from: Leon on 18 August 2016, 11:01:40 PM
We can swap them over you if you like, it's no problem at all.  Let me know or drop me an email and we can sort that out.

Once again the excellent service we have come to expect from all at Pendraken comes to the fore.  

I  feel that this issue should have been  taken up privately with Dave or Leon. Not aired publically on the Forum before they had even given a chance to rectify the issue you had

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

petercooman

Quote from: Ithoriel on 20 August 2016, 12:50:45 AM
Don't have the new one even assembled and the old ones are only part painted but here's a couple of images.

Noticeably bigger in these pictures, less so once on the table, I suspect.

The 3 older versions are going to be my Tiger company, the new one will be a mothership for one on my Goliath teams.

Thanks!

holdfast

I have had a conversation off-line and am happy that both the originals and the new versions will both be available, and the matter has been satisfactorily resolved.

Leon

Quote from: holdfast on 31 August 2016, 03:36:52 PM
I have had a conversation off-line and am happy that both the originals and the new versions will both be available, and the matter has been satisfactorily resolved.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Heedless Horseman

03 September 2016, 10:21:19 PM #29 Last Edit: 03 September 2016, 10:23:00 PM by Heedless Horseman
Picked up a couple of early T34s at Reiver. Match up well with my Takara 1/144 so well pleased. Liked looks of some other new stuff too...including the tigger, Ferrets and M11/39.
Have read dislikes of 'chunky' tracks on some models. I think that clogged up with mud, that will be much less noticeable than in photos. I gave my T34s a bit of 'track sag' by rolling a knife handle along upper surface of new separate track pieces...works well. Couple of long box-things on the hull from strip and they look the part. Turret a little shorter than Takara but saves some fiddly conversion work for a couple of Model 1940's.  :) :)

Ps: great service on provision of some gun crews ordered without guns, too.   :) :)
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)