WWII revamps and releases - Shermans, SU's and more!

Started by Leon, 13 August 2016, 11:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

This batch of releases includes a variety of revamps along with some new additions as well.  

For the British, we've got the first of the new Shermans rolling out of the factory with the M4A4 75mm and Firefly ready, plus some new M4A1 types.  Plus we've also got a new Grant ARV ready to drag some broken armour to safety.

For the Soviets, we've had the SU-85 / SU-100 / SU-122 revamped as well, so those are now crisp new models.  And finally we've got a few new additions, including the Morser gun for the Germans, a C33/35 tankette for the Italians and an AMC Schneider P16 armoured car.

WWII
British - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/World-War-II-c19/British-sc124/
BR30    M4A4 Sherman, 75mm    £3.00
BR33    M4A4 Sherman Firefly, 17pdr    £3.00
BR181    M4A4 Sherman, 75mm with turret back box    £3.00
BR182    M4A1 Sherman, 75mm    £3.00
BR183    M4A1 Sherman, 75mm with turret back box    £3.00
BR184    Grant ARV    £3.00

Russian - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/World-War-II-c19/British-sc124/
SV10    SU-85    £3.00
SV11    SU-100    £3.00
SV12    SU-122    £3.00

German - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/World-War-II-c19/German-sc125/
GR242    Skoda 30.5cm Morser M11 gun, deployed with crew (1)    £3.00

Italian - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/World-War-II-c19/Italian-sc126/
ITA25    C33/35 command tankette (2)    £2.80

French - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/World-War-II-c19/French-sc127/
FRE58    AMC Schneider P16 A/C    £2.80

And some pics of these:

BR33 - M4A4 Sherman Firefly, 17pdr

BR182 - M4A1 Sherman, 75mm gun

BR184 - Grant ARV

SV11 - SU-100

FRE58 - AMC Schneider P16 A/C
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

Hadn't realised the Schneider looked so like the Firefly :)

Shouldn't it look like this?

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

holdfast

I have just received some of the revamped Shermans. They are somewhat larger, noticeably so, than the model they have replaced. Is there a good reason for this? Can those who have the old, smaller models, order the earlier models in future for the sake of compatibility? Or do we have to replace all of the earlier models?

petercooman

I think i asked the same question when the T34's where redone, but cant find the thread...

holdfast

Its a bit odd when price of materials is such a constant refrain, and then the size is increased to an unwelcome extent.

Ithoriel

Quote from: holdfast on 18 August 2016, 12:03:05 PM
Its a bit odd when price of materials is such a constant refrain, and then the size is increased to an unwelcome extent.

I'm delighted with the new sculpts so it's not universally unwelcome. Plus they will make old sculpts available while they can. Sounds pretty good to me.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Norm

I will have stuff that will not match, but I am happy to see the improvements in the line. The new vehicles do look lovely and it is essential that 10mm aesthetically stays ahead of the game because 6mm is making its own improvements.

Leon

Quote from: holdfast on 18 August 2016, 12:03:05 PM

As mentioned in the thread Peter linked to, many of the older vehicles in the catalogue were originally modelled nearly 20 years ago now, so they're not up to modern sculpting standards.  Also, some of them weren't modelled to the 1:150th scale we work to either, so they were a lot smaller than they should be.  These new ones are all scaled correctly and will hopefully last another 20 years!

As an added bonus with the new BKC coming along, new players to the period will be buying better quality models and will see how good 10mm can look.

We can always send out the old ones if people want to complete existing armies as well.

Wulf

Interesting... I bought my KV minis from... another source...  8) because the PD ones looked a bit weedy. Are the new KV types bigger too?

Leon

Quote from: Wulf on 18 August 2016, 01:50:08 PM
Interesting... I bought my KV minis from... another source...  8) because the PD ones looked a bit weedy. Are the new KV types bigger too?

Yep, all bigger and much more imposing.

Ithoriel

I have the new Tiger and its a real chunk of metal, love it.

"Heavy Panzer on the prowl" - for those, like me, who played way too much Company of Heroes

holdfast

All very well, but there ought to be a health warning that indicates that scale creep has happened in these cases. One buys the stuff in good faith.  Given the size difference  and the numbers involved I would have chosen the compatible models ahead of the slightly crisperbut less compatible ones.