Tiger II and the T-35!

Started by Leon, 04 August 2016, 02:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

04 August 2016, 02:01:42 AM Last Edit: 04 August 2016, 02:03:28 AM by Leon
Martin's been working hard on loads of new vehicles for us and this month we've got some crackers!  

First up we've got the Tiger II (or King Tiger), with both 'Porsche' and 'Henshel' turrets as well (although both were Krupp designed).  The curved Porsche turret came along first, with around 50 built, then production switched to the Henshel type and continued for a total production run of 492.  A lot more were planned and ordered, but Allied bombing disrupted the production line.

Next is the gargantuan T-35, a massive multi-turreted affair that came along in 1935 and was still present in the early stages of WWII.  Due to its size, most of the 61 built were lost to mechanical failure, but it still managed to see combat during Barbarossa and the Battle of Moscow.  A single remaining T-35 is still in running condition at the Kubinka Tank Museum.

And finally we've got a quick pic of the Jagdpanther (minus its tracks!), converted from the Panther chassis with the 8.8cm gun from the Tiger II.  Over 400 were produced in the latter stages of the war, as a bigger and more powerful alternative to the Nashorn.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Norm

Good to see the continued expansion of upgrades

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

O Dinas Powys

(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Wulf

I need 3 T-35*, but they're not in the catalogue yet!

* yes, need.

Steve J

Next to my T-28s they will look awesome on the games table :).

wurrukatte

Orcs

Quote from: Wulf on 04 August 2016, 02:18:38 PM
I need 3 T-35*, but they're not in the catalogue yet!
* yes, need.

That's is quite correct they need to be in platoons of three vehicles. A single T35 will pine on its own and not be at its best  :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

Quote from: Orcs on 10 October 2016, 07:41:17 AM
That's is quite correct they need to be in platoons of three vehicles. A single T35 will pine on its own and not be at its best  :)

For strict realism deploy one on the enemy baseline, one in the table centre and one on your own baseline.

All three have broken down, the crews have abandoned the one on the enemy baseline and the one in the centre but you still have to pay the points for all three!

:d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

ronan

Quote from: Ithoriel on 10 October 2016, 11:12:49 AM
(...)
All three have broken down, the crews have abandoned the one on the enemy baseline and the one in the centre but you still have to pay the points for all three!(...)

But as your opponent's army doesn't know this, they MUST destroy them !
:D

( May be I'll get my mojo back for painting and gaming with these T-35... )

Dave

Up- date on these two

T35 - just recieved the tracks back from John at Iron Clad, had to be moulded in resin before going into a low temp mould.

Tigger 2 - tracks built up to thicken, low temp moulds ordered these will be going into them when they arrive later this week.

Dave

Wulf

Those T-35 tracks will be big slabs of metal (the hull with be a big brick too). Possibly the second biggest PD mini after the railway gun...

fsn

When the Pendraken T35 is released, I will be able to throw off my shame at having bought from another manufacturer, and so stand pure in the eyes of the Dark Lord, for all that I am and all that I game will be though His Grace.

Brothers, we should thank the Dark Lord for his wisdom, and his endless Bounty and his eternal Twix.

BTW: The New Pendraken Forum clothing range has just been released:
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!