Blitzkrieg Commander rules, are they in the web store ?

Started by Dannyboy, 02 August 2016, 10:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannyboy

Hi, possibly a numpty question, so apologies in advance of I've overlooked them but where are the BK rules?, I'd like to buy a set, how much are they going for now they are under the Pendracken banner? I am especially interested in the early war armies, does anybody have links/ info for Polish forces of the period that are suitable for the period.

Has anybody tried Battlegroup Blitzkrieg in 10mm, I'm interested in company battalion level style engagements.

Many thanks in advance.

Leon

The BKC rules are still being worked on, so they're not up for sale just yet.  The previous versions are still available through the Lulu print-on-demand service here: http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=517064

Once the revised set is all complete, it'll be available on the website in hard copy format, and through Wargame Vault as a pdf.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leon

Quote from: Fenton on 02 August 2016, 10:59:48 PM
Do we have a rough time frame for release Leon?

Not currently, I don't want to promise anything and then miss our own deadlines. 

Getting the text finalised is taking some time, as we bounce tweaks back and forth, but I'm hoping to have a 'close-to-finished' version ready in the next couple of weeks.  This version will then be sent out to a wider group of playtesters (more on that soon) for some final feedback before we confirm everything and go to print.  If the feedback comes back quickly and doesn't highlight any major issues then it's just a case of layout/design and we're good to go.  If there's anything major which needs more work, then things will be delayed while we play things out and work up a solution.

I completely understand that there's a huge number of people waiting on this and I wish it was all complete and out there for people to play.  I'm spending as much time as physically possible working on it but with all the recent website issues, plus some of the staff being on holiday, I've had to focus a lot of my time on other things.  There's a load of releases stacking up waiting for me to sort as well, so it's hard work juggling everything at the moment.  We're up at Claymore this weekend but then I'll be back to it next week.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Keep juggling Leon ;)

Who was silly enough to let staff have holidays, or did they manage to slip their chains to the casting machines ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Dannyboy

Thanks for the continued effort and looking forward to picking up a set of these when they become available. Does anybody have any details for the Poles 1939 for these rules? (from what I gather from various online comments, according to the rules, 9 bases makes a battalion plus mg and HQ elements, would I be on the right tracks for 12 elements to a Polish Battalion representing bigger companies?

If anybody has any guidelines for assembling a Polish force or has links to one, I would be really grateful.

Many thanks everyone

J

Fenton

We always played using either using CD TOE's or Battlefront TOE's so for those 1 infantry stand was a platoon. There isnt any real change to the rules if you use 1 stand = 1 squad
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!